Thursday, September 13, 2018

EXTORTION THREAT FROM SOME CRAZED WOMAN ON FACEBOOK!

1,250,248 @ 11:41 am

did City Hall put her up to the Extortion Threat?
Stranger things have happened in this creepy municipality

Letter to Facebook about the threat
ex·tor·tion
ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.
    synonyms:blackmail, shakedown; 
    formalexaction
    "arrested on a charge of extortion"


we will not put up with shakedowns and blackmail, not by city hall, not by granola crunching reprobates who hate Roy Belson

the woman despises Roy Belson, or so she claims, but how do we not know that it was Belson himself, or the mayor, or one of their cronies trying to squelch free speech, and maybe the idea was concocted by a sleazy city lawyer???

my response:
... there is a Fair Use Copyright statute. 

Ask a lawyer but even when I publish photographs they seem to be taken by people, which is not Fair Use. 

I am a good person and removed a person's post, even though I believe it was "fair use copyright." 

Keep in mind that anyone in the world can utilize your comment and have their name nebulous. Notice that I put my name on everything to be fair and above board. 

Since I like to be friendly with my community, I comply with people. However, that woman yesterday threatened me offline with extortion - if I didn't do what she said and "apologize" (for what? Fair use? After I removed her post) she would attack me online. How much bullying do I have to put up with to fairly report the news? 

Here is my response reporting her to Facebook: 

 
Facebook
1 Hacker Way
Menlo Park, California

Dear Facebook 

I run a political page on Medford Massachusetts politics, Real Medford Mass Politics. I utilized a comment under Fair Use, the matter was of great public interest, it was news, commentary and of great public interest.

The woman posted publicly that it was her copyright etc. etc., with no knowledge of Fair Use. So I promptly removed the post, and this morning I get a harassment threat where she will attack me if I do not make a public apology to her for the fair use.

I told her that if she went through with her extortion threat that I would consider bringing her into court for harassment.

Political speech in Medford is a hot topic and my thought is that the mayor and the former mayor, who work together to squelch freedom of the press, were behind this attack. They cannot stand when we make public records requests (Freedom of Information Act) and publish information about their constant wrongful conduct.

But that's what the First Amendment is all about.

The woman's name is xxx xxxxx and I have blocked her and responded by telling her I would protect myself legally in a court of law if she went through with her bullying threat.

Thank you for reading this. Please keep this on file.

Regards,

Joe Viglione