Monday, July 30, 2018

Perella Bolts - Gets the Hell out of Dodge

PERELLA BOLTS!

Dr. John Perella, Headmaster of Medford High School, announced in a letter sent Friday to Dr. Marice Edouard-Vincent, Superintendent of Schools, his decision to resign. Dr. Perella has decided to pursue an opportunity as the Principal of Revere High School, which is his hometown.  Prior to Dr. Perella’s work in the Medford Public Schools, he served the Revere School District for 14 years. 
“For the past six years, Dr. Perella was an outstanding educator at Medford High School.  In particular, he worked collaboratively with administrators and staff, merging Medford High School and the Medford Vocational Technical High School, in order to offer the very best education for all students.  We will miss his expertise and wish him well in his new endeavor,” said Diane Caldwell, Associate Superintendent.
“In the short time that I have been able to engage with Dr. Perella, he has always interacted positively and professionally with students, faculty, and parents. I wish him the best as he starts this new chapter of his life and I’d like to thank him for six years of dedicated service to the City of Medford,” said Dr. Marice Edouard-Vincent, Superintendent of Schools.
“It has been truly a pleasure working with Dr. Perella over the past few years. He has brought a different perspective to the Medford High School community, where he built a culture of mutual respect among students, parents, educators and administrators,” said Mayor Stephanie M. Burke. “We wish Dr. Perella all the best as he returns to his hometown of Revere.”
Please be advised that the Headmaster position has been posted internally as is required by contract.  After that, we fully anticipate that the process will move quickly and make an appointment to this important position.  A new Headmaster will be in place prior to the opening of the Medford Public Schools on August 28th.
Below, please find Dr. John Perella’s statement to the Medford Public Schools Community…
Good evening colleagues, students, and families,
I am stepping down as your Headmaster. A unique opportunity has arisen in Revere to become their high school principal, and after much reflection I have accepted.
Over the past six years, you have welcomed me into your classrooms, homes, and community.  I am forever thankful for those experiences and the friendships that were formed. Please trust that this was an extremely difficult decision for me. For personal and professional reasons, I have decided to return to a school system that I worked in for 14 years and a city I grew up in and continue to have immediate family residing.
Life is full of hellos and goodbyes. We share paths for a time, sometimes bumping into each other again down the road. I hope that during our time together I was able to help MHS grow and continue to be a school we were all proud to be a part of. Thank you. I am a better educator and person from my time with you.
I wish you all health, happiness, and continued success.
Dr. John Perella, Headmaster