Thursday, November 28, 2019

The Disability Commission

1,465,180 @ 2:51 PM
1,464,952 @ 2:18 pm
1,464,926 @ 1:47 pm
33 minutes / 228 views


When Rachel Tanenhaus was on the board of directors of Boston Free Radio with me, it was - ostensibly - about free speech and freedom of the press.

    What was troublesome with Mike McGlynn's disability commission is that they were a nasty, disrespectful bunch.

    I gave Tanenhaus and her service doggy a ride home one night. Because I have a heart.    A friend said to me "in this day and age DON'T drive a woman home."   (paraphrased.)   I said - what?   As a homosexual, I don't worry.  The friend said "Don't. It's a different time."  (paraphrased.)

    I have a heart.  I have helped the disabled.  But interesting thing is that SOME people on disability have a chip on their shoulder, they have simmering anger.  Lots of hate.

NOT EVERYONE!  WE CAN'T GENERALIZE ON ANY PEOPLE TYPES, BUT SOME ON DISABILITY GET VERY, VERY AGITATED AND LIKE TO BULLY.  

THAT IS SAD.  WHEN I INTRODUCED MY POLITICIAN FRIEND TO THE PERSON IN A WHEELCHAIR THE PERSON IN THE WHEELCHAIR (i do NOT know the gender identity and will not guess as I was called out for not being psychic) STARTED HARASSING THE POLITICIAN FRIEND OF MINE.

The person in the wheelchair was voting for Stephanie Burke.
OK, we get it, doing a favor for ex mayor Mike McGlynn, but you don't have to be rude to the other side. That's just so very wrong.

    Neil Osborne was told an hour in advance that I was ready to Facebook live the Disability commission hearing in Room 207.

   Rachel Tanenhaus: "Joe, I don't think the disabled people want to be on camera."

    That, in and of itself - was a slap against the disabled.
Rachel singled these people out as "they" or "them."   How politically incorrect!

    My response: "Rachel, if someone doesn't want to be on videotape at a public meeting, they have no right to be on the commission."

   I walked out, went to Rumley's office - Rumley wasn't there, probably busy busy putting his taxpayer funded e mail on a Dunkin Donuts website or something, or maybe he was late for a meeting at Somerville Court - purportedly to collect credit card debt...who knows?

   So an OPEN MEETING LAW violation was filed and Tanenhaus (and Osborne) got their fannies spanked for violating the OPEN MEETING LAW.

    Why the simmering anger from people with disabilities?

One woman* (I meant to say PERSON) in a wheelchair sneered and was rude to a politician I introduced her to.   Now the person may have been in transition from male to female or female to male, I honestly did not know. Oooops...I said "woman."  Give me a break, what next, will I be accused of being insensitive to Martians or Eskimos nest?  People from other dimensions???

    Tanenhaus bitched me out for not knowing which side of the fence the rude person was transitioning to.  "Don't use the wrong gender with my friend."  My God, what is wrong with these people. Put a bumper sticker on the forehead and say "Chick changing to Guy" or "Guy Changing to Chick" 

...and who am I? Johnny Carson's Carnac the Magnificent who could: "divine" unknown answers to unseen questions. 

     As kind as we are to seniors, the disabled, minorities, it is sometimes never enough.

    Why are some (not all) disabled people not happy when people treat them with kindness?

   So the disability committee got whacked for violating the Open Meeting Law.    

   You know the type, vile and angry individuals - it has nothing to do with their disability and everything to do with the fact that they are NOT nice people.  Period.

    Their lack of success is not their disability - it is because they - these individuals - whether they are seniors, minority people or the disabled, - the unsuccessful ones are lazy, arrogant and expect hard-working people like me to do everything for them.

    Sad, pathetic, and accurate.