Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Lou, Jimi, Janis and Me ...a new book

1,502,100 @ 10:05 am

     In my hard drives are notes and interviews with people who knew Lou Reed, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, as well as my own interviews - Lou Reed was recorded here in Medford over at 40 Canal Street back in the day.

     Wanting the book to be as compelling a reed ...read as possible, the first volume will be the interviews along with my commentary on the music and how their music inspired me to write my own songs - how those songs landed a deal in France on a major independent, my becoming A & R man and signing the great Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls and other legends.   It's my journey through rock and roll, the fun people I've met, and the thread of those who inspired me page after page.  

    We're talking with publishers and the idea of putting a DVD out simultaneous with the book is a good one - various media promoting the other.   Marty Balin may be discussed tangentially, as well as Jimmy Miller, but they key - and the core here - will be how those three powerful forces influenced and set the direction for rock and roll, and how their elements influenced this icon of the new wave (that would be me,) from Boston to Paris.

      People have been urging me to write the book on Medford politics.  I'm not quite sure about that.  You have this website, let that serve for now.  There is a LOT of content in "draft" that we published years back as I like to keep the info fresh.  Who knows?   Maybe...


      Merry Christmas

      2020 is going to be fantastic.



Book cover copyright (C)2019 Jeannie A.   All rights reserved.



10:05 am
Pageviews today
214
Pageviews yesterday
450
Pageviews last month
45,513
Pageviews all time history
1,502,100