Thursday, April 16, 2020

July 26, 2012 Gerry Beaudoin Interview FOUND on Hard Drive!

The Lost Visual Radio Tapes

Resurrection!


As usual, I'm a victim of circumstance!

How the heck did I know that John Geils and Gerry were suing Peter Wolf and the boys!


https://youtu.be/D8KXbnIqEos

After the interview I heard that all hell broke loose on J Geils social media that I had taken sides or something...and a big fan of Visual Radio, the one and only Peter Wolf who watched the show quite a bit back in the day, got his feathers all ruffled over nothing...because like Sgt. Schultz I actually really did know NOTHING about their little squabble.

Guess it's time for a little Peter Wolf story.
My ex girlfriend (No, I do NOT date women, they attempt to date me...) was working at Discount Records in Harvard Square where Wolfy (Peter Blankfeld to you) would drop a few hundred or so on import singles.  So one day he walks up to her and says "What do you think of the J Geils Band?" and she promptly responded "They suck."

This is the woman who ran the Buzzcocks newsletter, mind you, whom the late Pete Shelley, God love him and rest his soul, thankfully took her off my hands...

 Wolfy told her that he was the lead singer of the J.Geils Band to which she responded "You guys are probably good at what you do, but I don't like it."  Paraphrasing her re-telling of the story to me.

So Wolfy sends a limousine to her house to pick her up! and bring her to a show.

After THIS particular Visual Radio from 2012 Wolfy gave me his seat backstage at the show of a very famous rock star (hint, he also wrote the theme to the Drew Carrey show as well as a hit record for Manilow)...but then he demanded his seat back because, purportedly, he was miffed  about me interviewing Gerry ...

I only interviewed Gerry because he played with my dear friend Bobby "Sunny" Hebb, not for any issues J Geils and Peter Wolf had with each other...sheesh....Notice how I always attract controversy when I'm not involved in the politics whatsoever....


Double sheesh!

Another Grammy-winning star and friend comes up to me and says  "What's with Peter?"....I informed him that Peter and Geils were involved in litigation which I had no idea about and Peter was offended that I had Gerry (Geils business partner) on my TV show...

Should I reiterate: I interview anyone who performed with my friend Bobby....

and as much as I like the late John Geils as a producer and a guitarist, and certainly adore the works of the late Bobby Hebb, the key word these days seems to be late so....people, can we all get along...how much time do we really have left in this Twilight Zone climate?
________________________________