Saturday, April 4, 2020

Your Editor's Music in over 100,000 homes

1,585,149 @ 2:43 pm Saturday 4-4-2020

We, me and my multiple personalities, have been busy busy busy updating the personal websites.

The list of recordings I am on will expand when I track them all down!  http://joeviglione.com/?page_id=811

As the first album artist signed by the late Patrick Mathe' to Flamingo/Carrere, I became A & R for the prestigious New Rose label.  

After signing Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls to the label, produced by Jimmy Miller, I became the Stones' producer's exclusive representative during three contracts that went to the end of Jimmy's life in 1994.


Had forgotten that Jimmy produced me in Medford over at Joe Pet's house performing "Radio Heart," a song by Willie "Loco" Alexander with my keyboardist, legendary Lord Manuel - also deceased as of 2013.  Sadly, this is a trend among my rock and roll colleagues.

But that the audio outlives us says much.

Interesting that songs like "Radio Heart" and "Tonight Will Be Insane" never made it to my albums...things I'd forgotten through the tracks of time.   Between the 22,000 pressings in America and probably 80,000 pressings in Europe, my work has appeared on over 100,000 pressed vinyl and CD and cassette releases.  

New Rose Records

Profile:
New Rose Records was created by Patrick Mathé and Louis Thévenon in 1981. They grew into the biggest indie label in Europe, and also promoted numerous smallest labels through their distribution activity. In 1992 the label was sold to Fnac Music, but disappeared early in 1994. After that, Patrick Mathé created Last Call Records, taking most part of the New Rose catalog of artists, and also reissued some records amongst new releases.
For the distributor, please use New Rose.

https://www.discogs.com/label/3857-New-Rose-Records
_____________________________
Partial list as of 2:54 pm 4-4-2020
  


"Give it Everything You Got"
Joe Viglione - New Rose History of the World



 "Dreams in Reverse"  Joe Viglione   La Vie En Rose


 "Cat in the Dark" - my hit record on WBOS Boston and "Tonight Will Be Insane," a great underground lost classic are both on the NEW ROSE album, eponymous New Rose title.



I Want You Sexually on BallBuster Magazine's BALL 1 CD, Probably on BALL 2 as well
1997
19D Count Viglione (2) I Want You Sexually
19E Karen Kenedy Set Me Free
19F Naro Turtle & The Pirate


https://www.discogs.com/Various-Ball-One/release/9469302

BALL 2
18 Count Viglione (2) I Want You Sexually 3:35
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Ball-One-Strike-Two/release/8526517



ELEVATE is a British compilation featuring my classic "There's Nothing Like A Hit" which we performed at GREAT WOODS (now the Verizon center or something out in Mansfield, Ma) which went to #1 on the Boston Phoenix chart with people listening from all over the world...a classic also on my Boston Rock and Roll Anthology series.