Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Alleged Assault/Public Records Request

 

Lt Joseph Casey
Medford Police Dept
100 Main St
Medford MA 02155

Janice Spencer
City Hall
85 Geo P Hassett Drive
Medford MA 02155

Re: Massachusetts Public Records Request
       Alleged Assault by Police Officer or Firefighter

Hello Lt. Casey and Medford City Hall:

This is a request under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M. G. L. Chapter 66, Section 10). I am requesting that I be provided a copy of the following records -

1)Any police report regarding a firefighter or police officer in Medford who may have assaulted his wife
  I received a letter in the U.S. Mail on or about 11/28/22 informing me of an alleged assault.

2)Any correspondence between Medford City Hall and any entity regarding this alleged assault

3)Any police report(s) from Jan 1, 2022 regarding members of the city council, school committee or employee of Medford
   city government (DPW, etc.)

I recognize that you may charge reasonable costs for copies, as well as for personnel time needed to comply with this request, however, since I am a noted journalist quoted in the NY Times, Boston Globe and more books and online site than I can count, I respectfully request that you waive any fees is this is of great public interest in Medford

Respectfully I note that my news organization (Real Medford MA Politics, Facebook, Community Media Medford page,
Medford Information Central blog) is one of the most active and serious in the city of Medford.

The Public Records Law requires you to provide me with a written response within 10 business days. If you cannot comply with my request, you are statutorily required to provide an explanation in writing.  Please send via e mail.  Thank You.

Please send via e mail.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Joe Viglione
First show on access television (local origination) 1979 in Somerville

 


0 comments: