Monday, February 15, 2021

On Facebook RE: Chris Columbus

RESPONSE TO HANK'S POST 

 RE: Chris Columbus and history. 

1)There are more important things to spend money on; 

2)Part of our heritage was revisionist history. 

That's what we were taught, sadly. 

History seen through billions and billions of eyes of human beings is distinctly different. 

As much as I know, what I know best is that I don't know. You can credit me on that quote. 

I went to both Catholic school and public school and what they taught us as children prior to the days of Wikipedia and computers is what we know. 

Different history lessons for different schools. 

Donald Trump totally fractured past and current history, and 74 million or so people voted for that??? We have to pick our battles and with a new library, a new police station, having School committee vice chair Paul Ruseau irresponsibly spending much-needed funds to change a school name without removing McGlynn's name from a school first is just plain WRONG! (Mayor McGlynn was not the saint he presented himself as; behind the scenes well, his involvement with disgraced Sheriff DiPaola is just the tip of the iceberg,) 


We find out Bill Cosby did things that shock us, Phil Spector shot a woman, do we remove the Phil Spector Christmas album for all time because he was a murderer? 

The Bill Cosby Show is suddenly reappearing on television - do we protest the advertisers. 


Do we stop buying Ford vehicles? 


"Ford wrote on May 22, 1920: "If fans wish to know the trouble with American baseball they have it in three words—too much Jew."[65]" 

Outrageous; horrible, but does Ford sponsor any of the radio stations that hire you? Do you have to quit because some famous anti-semite is part of your paycheck? 


In Germany, Ford's antisemitic articles from The Dearborn Independent were issued in four volumes, cumulatively titled The International Jew, the World's Foremost Problem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford 

YIKES. 

So it is pure discrimination to single out Christopher Columbus, and I'm certainly not endorsing his dark side. 

John 8:7 "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." 

It's ironic that a convicted felon, the former Paul Comeau Jr., now magically "Paul Ruseau, Vice Chair of the school committee" is pointing the finger at Christopher Columbus to spend monies the city can't afford right now, raise taxes for his whims, along with my friend Mea Mustone (say it ain't so, Mea) and that McLaughlin woman. 


Let's really get down to it: child molesters at Medford High School (one currently in prison; another got his pension and allegedly got away with it) or the woman hired after kicked out of another school system for fraudulently claiming to be teacher of the year. 


The hypocrisy amazes me. 


But here's my experience with current happenings within the past 60 years. I wrote a biography on a famous Boston rock band from the 1950s, directly from a member of the band. 

Our dear friend Little Walter re-edited it for me as the bandmember (now deceased; and I interviewed the full band I believe) may have had early onset Alzheimer's. 

Who knew? It wasn't detectable. 

So what is the truth? Clearly Walter DeVenne was a master of first-hand knowledge knowledge and was there. I integrated Walter's corrections with the biography. 


THEN the manager phones me from Connie Francis' house! He works with her (at least at the time of the phone call) and he wanted to give his opinion which was different than what I got from the band member and from Little Walter. 


Three points of view on an important Boston area group that paved the way for everyone else. 

History changes over the centuries to the imaginings of those in power. 

Medford history? 

My buddy Mike McGlynn has clearly set out to erase me from Medford History. TV3 wiped out the Wikipedia page on me; Detective J.J. McLean promised to put it back up...and didn't. He told me an untruth, and ex-Mayor McGlynn seems to go ballistic if my byline is in the Transcript interviewing Jethro Tull or a producer for the Rolling Stones... as one millionaire said to me "I can understand them coming after me but YOU, you're small potatoes, no offense" (and he meant as far as Medford goes.) 


So what do we know about Christopher Columbus? 


We know this: some convicted felon on the school committee is casting stones at the alleged woman committing adultery (translated metaphorically, Columbus) and the city of Medford cannot afford to spend money that it doesn't have. 

It's an affront to the taxpayers and it isn't the opinion of everyone in the city. 


It's an election year. In 260 days the residents can vote Mr. Ruseau out of office, and they should.

0 comments: