Monday, November 29, 2021

Man Accused of Raping Lovely Bones Author Alice Sebold Has Conviction Overturned Anthony Broadwater served 16 years in prison after being accusing of raping author Alice Sebold. More than 20 years after he completed his sentence, his conviction was overturned. By CORINNE HELLER NOV 29, 2021 6:05 AMTAGS

 It's like trusting the Medford Police Department.   DON'T!

Man Accused of Raping Lovely Bones Author Alice Sebold Has Conviction Overturned

Anthony Broadwater served 16 years in prison after being accusing of raping author Alice Sebold. More than 20 years after he completed his sentence, his conviction was overturned.

By CORINNE HELLER NOV 29, 2021 6:05 AMTAGS

https://www.eonline.com/news/1311280/man-accused-of-raping-lovely-bones-author-alice-sebold-has-conviction-overturned

"I never, ever, ever thought I would see the day that I would be exonerated," the 61-year-old said after the court hearing, The Syracuse Post-Standard reported.

He also said, "I did everything I could do to always show people that I'm never that type of guy. I never could be that type of guy."

The judge agreed to overturn Broadwater's conviction after the prosecutor sided with two defense lawyers, who had asked for the dismissal based on flaws in the 1982 rape trial, the newspaper reported. District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said in the courtroom, "I won't sully these proceedings by saying I'm sorry. That doesn't cut it. This should never have happened."

0 comments: