Saturday, February 19, 2022

Dan Kennedy on (ostensibly) the End of the Medford Transcript? THE FUTURE OF NEWS IN THE CITY OF MEDFORD

 THE FUTURE OF NEWS IN THE CITY OF MEDFORD



Thank you Dan Kennedy for the hard work on this important story, stating what was obvious to many insiders...
or those just looking at the lack of information in the weekly Transcript: it seems to be over.


Having written for these local papers for decades, Stoneham Sun, Burlington Union, Woburn Advocate (Wicked Local,) Woburn Times and Chronicle, Wakefield Times and Chronicle - Winchester Star...beyond etc...I can't remember them all.... not as prestigious as Rolling Stone and Billboard picking up my AllMusic articles, or the national mags RadioWorld, Medialine, Goldmine, Discoveries, etc etc. with my important music industry work, but writing local articles does give one a different perspective on the news.  Exposing 30 Medford cops in Bill Tauro's Somerville News Weekly or the Patch reporting partially on how I removed Mayor McGlynn's uncle from the board of the Medford Housing Authority is crucial to the citizenry and of great public interest.

If you expect the Medford Patch to bring you things of Great Public Interest....well, good luck with that.

This writer unleashed important articles in the Medford Daily Mercury, Allison Goldsberry's Inside Medford and the Transcript and the Malden Observer.

Allegedly, my byline on the front page got under the skin of former corrupt and unethical mayor (no allegedly necessary) Michael J. McGlynn and my former editor, Nell Escobar Coakley - who told me "I have your back, Joe" appears to have complied with untrustworthy McGlynn's desire to push me out the door.

By serving her alleged master, Escobar-Coakley betrayed her readers, advertisers and herself. 

Other than my interview with Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson I haven't been able to bring the world essential information in that overpriced rag, so you'll see no tears shed here for its demise.

The Medford Transcript abused its authority at election time. It favored McGlynn candidates like Stephanie Muccini-Burke over Bob Penta (the actual winner of 2015, don't get me started on that; it took people over a year to realize that I was right and that McGlynn/Burke swiped the election from Penta) - the only thing transparent about it was how flagrantly they were shading the election to favor the McGlynn Crowd.

If my instincts are correct Kerry Kavanaugh and Dan Kennedy were both part of the problem, no due respect.  So after all the decades of damage Nell Coakley has thrust upon the city of Medford, 
it is time for this municipality to smarten up and fund a real newspaper.

Public Access, that I paid so much money to defend, is now government access TV.  After my hard-fought effort to FORCE McGlynn to shut down those racist homophobes at Medford Community Cablevision, Inc., there is STILL no dissolution of TV3 on the books at the AG's office.   Only one reporter religiously sends in public records requests which are denied due to, are you ready, the possibility that "law enforcement" might have to step in.  Well, since I shut them down in 2013, golly gee, I'm not a lawyer, but what about the statute of limitations, Nell Escobar Coakley?   Dropping the ball intentionally, and I believe she was ordered to, Nell said to me "Tv 3 gives me a headache."  Yeah, Nell, well Donald Trump gives me a headache, but I want to see the crooked ex president brought to justice so...

What kind of an editor has a "headache" as an excuse NOT to look into the monies the newspaper reported couldn't be accounted for.

Good riddance to the Transcript.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.    Best entertainment articles could possibly be my memories of Rolling Stones Producer Jimmy Miller living behind Kappy's when Mayor Breanna was probably ten years old.  I brought him here from Merry Olde England. The guy who produced the first song in Avenger's Endgame (Dear Mr. Fantasy, Traffic.)  Or my articles on local rap producers and rock and roll artists, all supportive and all evaporated because of an alleged conspiracy between a conflicted mayor and an editor that I allege and accuse of being conflicted herself.

The Medford Transcript was not supportive of the community.  It was a mouthpiece for a dishonest mayor.  

Let's roll up our shirtsleeves and put a publication together that can shine a light, investigative reports, on the crooked school committee with a convicted felon on it, an ultra-crooked city council with alleged perjurer (in criminal court) Richard F. (for fraud) Caraviello, George "I Chaperoned Otis Mass where a RAPE occurred" Scarpelli, Zac "Want to see the police report on me?" Bears, the clueless vice president of the city council,
Adam "I got pulled in to a criminal magistrate hearing on 9/24/21) Knight, the most disgusting of a disgusting bunch, the Medford Housing Authority and its total lack of transparency, lots of juicy things out there that unethical Nell turned an intentional blind eye to.

Gannett is actually doing us a great service shutting down such an organization.  Just don't expect citizens to file public records requests to get the news.
They leave that up to guys like me; people who actually care about community.


Disrespectfully,

Joe Viglione

Joe Viglione publishes Medford Information Central dot com


Page views as of 3:45 pm February 19, 2022

All Time  Two Million, One Hundred Eighty-Four Thousand, One Hundred Forty-One
2184141

Today 338

Yesterday 506

This Month 11013

Last Month  23540
 

0 comments: