Monday, June 20, 2022

Know any Creepy Ex City Solicitors and Creepy Ex Mayors? I certainly Do: Posted on a friend's Facebook page

 Gatehouse Media purchased Gannett though one would think by the wording of the merger it was Gannett purchasing Gatehouse. I worked for  various papers that Gatehouse purchased, and Gatehouse itself. 

They would pay the higher ups way too much money and independent contractors like myself would get different amounts depending upon which regional you wrote for. 

Gatehouse went bankrupt, reorganized, bought USA Today and Gannett (called a "merger,") --- but buyer beware. They are currently shutting down local news (for example, my Medford Information Central dot com blog publishes more news in a day than they do in a week. The excellent new reporter from out of town, Kinga, nice lady, is being shuffled to different cities.)

 This is a Gatehouse maneuver. It isn't about news, it's about capturing the biggest dollars possible. Allegedly the mayor of Medford demanded one of the regional editors stop publishing my music reviews in the Malden Observer because he didn't want my byline on the front page. 


I moved to the Somerville News Weekly where the publisher phoned me that the same ex mayor phoned him to stop publishing me. He ignored the moron ex mayor. USA Today was always the MacDonald's of newspapers anyway, so what would one expect?


 https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../gannett-finalizes.../

0 comments: