Saturday, June 25, 2022

MEDFORD MAYOR BREANNA LUNGO-KOEHN’S STATEMENT ON THE INDICTMENT AND ARREST IN AN ATTEMPTED BRIBERY SCHEME TO INFLUENCE THE RETAIL MARIJUANA LICENSING PROCESS:

 From Somerville / Medford News Weekly

MEDFORD MAYOR BREANNA LUNGO-KOEHN’S STATEMENT ON THE INDICTMENT AND ARREST IN AN ATTEMPTED BRIBERY SCHEME TO INFLUENCE THE RETAIL MARIJUANA LICENSING PROCESS: 

“This indictment shows our community that your leaders in Medford will not tolerate any suspected attempts of influencing or misleading the public, nor misconduct, and we will bring any such occurrences directly to the authorities.

I have zero tolerance for government corruption, public employee corruption or any attempted misdeeds that would erode the public’s trust. I not only thank Chief Buckley, but am proud to have a like-minded partner in him who immediately alerted the FBI to this bribery scheme and worked with them to bring the alleged perpetrator into custody. I have seen what can happen when those in power who are entrusted by the community to lead ethically, fail to live up to that responsibility and I promise you that I will do everything in my power to make sure that never happens under my watch. When I was first alerted by the FBI about this alleged plot late last year, I supported their efforts and offered every bit of information and insight that I had. I’m glad that I was able to contribute to this investigation and I thank the FBI, and the U.S. Attorney’s office for their thoroughness in completing this arrest and indictment.”

0 comments: