Saturday, January 21, 2023

Woman Thought She Was Straight...and fell in love...with another woman I was on a quest to figure out exactly how gay I was

 

The moment I knew: I was on a quest to figure out exactly how gay I was. But I kept coming back to her (Hey Lady, if you gotta ask....)

Turning up at a party in the same outfit as someone else can be awkward, but one summer in New York, a sartorial coincidence blossomed into romance

 

 I reflected on that night in the weeks that followed. It’s too bad I’m not gay, I recall thinking. I had kissed a few women in college, but those experiments left me cold. I had shut that door for what I firmly believed was the rest of my life. Women just don’t do it for me, I reminded myself. I’ve always loved men.

The next time we hung out, at another house party a few weeks later, Kay was far more direct. We were sitting next to each other on the sofa, emboldened by a night of heavy drinking.

“I’m going to kiss you,” she said with her now-familiar smile. “And you’re going to like it.”

She did, and I did. Very much.

Early the next morning, I woke up in bed next to Kay. The sun shone through a cracked-open window, and we were both wearing very little clothing. Instead of sneaking out or hinting that she wanted me gone, Kay suggested we get bagels. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jan/22/the-moment-i-knew-i-was-on-a-quest-to-figure-out-exactly-how-gay-i-was-but-i-kept-coming-back-to-her

0 comments: