Sunday, June 11, 2023

Ask yourselves what is the biggest danger to you: Donald Trump allegedly selling nuclear information to our enemies or some guy dressing up like Mae West?

 Ask yourselves what is the biggest danger to you: Donald Trump allegedly selling nuclear information to our enemies or some guy dressing up like Mae West?



Petrella going after a political event is fair game, alleged Breanna fundraiser June 6. But I'm still reeling from the un-American perspectives cloaking themselves in patriotism and claiming to be a "Medford" site . Where are the council meeting agendas that we post here? Or the videos of the school committee? Or Steve Smirti announcements from the mayor's office? 

 The hostile reaction to pride month is chilling. https://medfordinformationcentral.blogspot.com/2023/06/i-just-exited-creepy-medford-observer.html Look, I've been in the rock and roll and homosexual community, 'the underground," more than most in Massachusetts. Straight guys in drag picking up women (not kidding you,) lonely people turning to alcohol, it's not an easy life. And John Petrella is Exhibit A as to why it's not a comfortable life for some. Me? I'm quite content, which is why I have the integrity to sign my name to my essays. And speak out against blatant bigotry. If some guy wants to get into a dress, whatever, as long as he's not hurting anyone. Just don't ask me out on a date, it is not my thing. But I'm certainly not going to interfere in a girl's right to "be butch" and wear guy's clothing. Again, don't ask me out, not my thing, but I don't waste any time berating them for what makes them feel comfortable. I know what I like in life, and that's half the battle. Most people don't have a clue what they want. I love to write songs, I love playing piano, and I love the recording studio, places where I can work my craft. Now you might not like my songs and that's ok, because after 52 years of recording and getting awards and record contracts, well, I know my work is of value to many. So why would I waste time interfering in your right to be a "mess in a dress." It may be humorous, but you're not hurting anyone so C'est la vie. Now am I into "pride?" It's not my thing (but around 1986 I did write the theme song for Boston pride, "No Regrets Today," and I enjoyed participating in that fashion, just don't expect me to get into some parade. ) Parades are not my thing. Any parade, unless I'm using it for one of my films. Do we get it yet? Live and Let Live. People having surgery to change their sex I find grisly. Not going to stand in ANYONE'S way of tattoos or piercings, as much as they are not for me. Want to spend all that money changing your sex and surgery, it's a free country. I won't stand in your way. John Petrella's hate page scares me, Petrella wanted to be mayor but wants to stomp on the rights of Americans to dye their hair blue. I'm not dying my hair, I like crew cuts, thank you very much, which I was ridiculed for in school when people liked long hair in the 1960s. I stood my ground. "I Got to Be Me" Sammy Davis Jr. That's my motto....oh my God, an African American pioneer like Sammy "the Candy Man" Davis Jr. So what? Great talent. Appreciate Davis Jr. for facing adversity. Time for John Petrella to grow up Because he is hurting people and inciting bigotry and that is just plain wrong. Unlike the authors of "The racists of Medford," too cowardly to sign their name to their etchings, I am happy to sign mine. Ask yourselves what is the biggest danger to you: Donald Trump allegedly selling nuclear information to our enemies or some guy dressing up like Mae West. If you are comfortable with a traitor masquerading as president then YOU, dear reader, have a serious problem. I suggest you MAGA types borrow your Auntie's clothing, put it on, and leave the rest of us to our peaceful, happy lives.

0 comments: