Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Welcome to Summer 2023. An editorial on life, not just the cities and towns we live in here in this region (well....maybe a bit about the region....)

 


Welcome to Summer 2023. An editorial on life, not just the cities and towns we live in here in this region (well....maybe a bit about the region....) It is going to be a terrific summer. Make the most of your summer... It is time to surround yourself with good people who add to your life, as you add to theirs. Harmony. My "New Summer Resolution" is to focus on those who make me smile, when someone is happy to see you in your mutual spaces. Life is too short to have to deal with individuals who break your momentum, who show disrespect. When a beautiful summer is beckoning, feed your soul and spirit with the sunshine, the beautiful wind, happiness. Last night I was exhausted (June 12) and as I pulled into my preferred parking space a friend was standing there. "They're all crazy" she said to me. My reply, "I think some of them...(and I gave two names) have a touch of Alzheimer's..." but she was pretty outraged. One fellow has been screaming in front of his house (thankfully one street away from me. ) Local stores have banned him from entering as he has outbursts. Say God Bless to those who are in a bit of chaos, but don't engage them. That particular fellow I've been kind to, but the first time I met him he was in my lobby (who let him in?) while I was in the shower, and he was yelling and ringing my buzzer that the donuts were missing (?????) The donuts were from the piano room when we have Friday morning meets. I leave the fellow milk in the public fridge in our recreation room, so he's ok with me, but the utter insanity (as he's not the only one) reminds me of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Another fellow with a cane can get loud and obnoxious, so one has to handle them with kid gloves....and kind of avoid the chaos. We were discussing the laundry list of the individuals who don't have it together. She says "They have nothing better to do." And I said, "Funny, I was just at the supermarket and the cashier and I were talking and I brought this subject up and she said "They are nosy" .... I said "Do you have that right!" One fellow tried to walk into my apartment with me. He wanted to know who I am dating, wanted me to go drinking with his friends (they are ALL gamblers; I don't gamble, I don't drink) I had to stand my ground and not let him in. Sheesh. When people have a toxicity that violates my rules and boundaries, it is best to walk away. Or block the door so the uninvited aren't able to come in to "inspect" your life. No tolerance for any individuals who are immature and needy. As for the aging individuals, get to know the landscape and avoid those whose activities break your momentum. In some cases, as I told my friendly neighbor, they can't help it (she was still outraged over the loud fellow, and not in the mood to forgive him,) but like the cashier at the grocery store, she too noted how nosy a majority are. "Nothing better to do" she declared. Me, I just embrace the happiness and Facebook block and get away from people who are disrespectful and rude. There are over 8 billion people on the planet, and you (and I) know who make us smile, and those who don't make us smile. Gravitate to the good souls who aren't totally selfish and disrespectful.

0 comments: