Monday, June 19, 2023

Poetry Letter to the Mayor

 


Mon, Jun 19 at 4:15 PM
Attached is Mayor Lungo Koehn's poetry from 2020 circa August. 
 

When life throws you 🍋 s make lemonade they say

.Wake up saying “today is a new day”!

 Or “One day at a time” they say.


(also attached to this e mail) 


 Actual very bad poetry by 
Breanna Lungo Koehn August 2020 
...the current Mayor of Medford!   
Even McGlynn drunk 
couldn't screw up four lines this badly!

In 2021 or so they refused to let me apply for Poet Laureate because - 
though I lived in Medford since December 2003,
and was 50 yards away running the AirBNB in Malden on 
Charles St. (same street that goes into Medford,) I was
denied the ability to apply.  (Trust me, it's all political.)

So in 2023 I applied again, knowing 
I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell,
despite 52 years as a record producer,
four albums out in Europe ..."Best Single of the Month"
 in "L'Attendant Magazine" Belgium, 
Phonograph Record mag California,
One of the Best 5 Artists in Boston, Playboy Magazine, 1978, etc. 
 Y'all know my resume' 

 Here's my response to Breanna's poem
and Exhibit A if I litigate as to why I should be 
the Poet Laureate of Medford 2023-2025!
ha!
 
You think my poetry's bad?
Some comedy to make you laugh
look who I hired for my
Chief of Staff    (Aquaman himself, Dave Rodrigues, allegedly booted from
 Everett City Hall and the Aquarium!  HA HA)
****
My critics all say
I get too PollyAnnie
But I can't even pronounce
Lisa Colaianni
*****
Wake up saying
Today's a new day
Vice Chair of my school committee
a Felonious Gay!      (Convicted criminal Paul Comeau Jr. presto change-o 
name change to Paul Ruseau to hide the obvious,....)
 
I'm getting very tired
of what they may say!
I'm so like Stephanie
tho
my hair ain't gray
****
When life throws lemons
drink the lemonade
Iambic (Bob)Penta-meter
don't make my grade
*****
(Tempo change)
Zac Bears?
Who Cares!
My administration loves
quacks and queers
****
I'm the new mayor
time to feed the ducks
I use the "s" word
because my poetry sucks
****
My foreman at the park
he's always being molested
by that blogger, not Covid
we're all being tested!
* * * * *
I'd like to be on Mars
riding the Rover
our community really needs
my short reign to be over
****
C'mon and blame me
vote and give me the boot
Like Ruseau / I'll change my name
perhaps to
Van der Fruit
*****
All my critics on point
But we'll still get there, I know it
My Pollyanna Delusions
like Trump I'm gonna blow it!
******
From Madame Knight
to single payer
yes indeedy Medford
I'm your Two Term Mayor
You think my poetry's bad?
Some comedy to make you laugh
look who I hired for my
Chief of Staff
****
I take an axe to this city
A modern day Lizzie Borden
I hate public access
why we hired Patrick Gordon

Mobilize Morons
Has Medford had enough?
File a Class Action Suit
c'mon and call my bluff

Zac and George and Ric
fall from the roof / it makes a crater
Better than them and Michael Marks
stuffed in that creaky elevator

Integrity, Transparency
My promises have stalled
I write these very bad poems
because
John Falco is bald

The Mayor's poetry is off
oh yes, but I am shredding
at least I didn't give the finger
at Mark Rumley's son's wedding 
 
Count Joe and his damn blog
at least I'm not getting his mad faxes
he investigates too thoroughly
why I keep him off of public access


Joe Viglione  
P.O. Box 2392
Woburn MA 01888

0 comments: