Friday, December 18, 2020

WCVB CHANNEL 5 NEWS STORY 11 PM ON AWNING, MEDFORD SQUARE

 

Snow-covered awning falls on woman in Medford   

https://www.wcvb.com/article/person-struck-by-falling-awning-in-medford/35012865

A woman was struck by a snow-covered awning that fell off a Medford building Friday, police said. The victim was walking on Riverside Avenue when the metal awning that hangs over several businesses collapsed at 9 a.m. Advertisement About a dozen people rushed to free the woman who was trapped under the awning, a witness said. "It was a loud bang. I was shocked. I ran without a mask. I ran without a jacket. I heard the girl screaming but I didn’t see her," witness Michelle Machado said. "We couldn’t move her, so we lifted the bars up, and, then, finally, the ambulance and fire department came and moved her out." The victim, who was not identified, was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital.

0 comments: