Saturday, November 18, 2023

Medford Improves Post Caraviello

 



FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 

He wanted to be mayor.

I want a mansion where I can play piano and guitar on Mars!

How does it feel to want, Rick?

What an exhausting s.o.b.

"I'm the biggest S.O.B. in Medford" Caraviello said before
a council meeting.  Well, at least he got that right about himself.

Problem for Caraviello is that the voters didn't want a big old s.o.b.

And that's good news for the Medford citizenry.

Can you imagine the hateful John Petrella on the council
and Caraviello as mayor?  What a KNIGHTmare, Adam!

Sitting here writing this listening to all sorts of Janis Joplin....I could
write for ages on Janis, and will.  All sorts of tracks Columbia Records
wouldn't release in her lifetime are showing up on YouTube. 

I wanted to produce a sequel to Pearl, her final studio album,
with her final band.   My friend John Till, the guitarist, has passed
and that, as they say, is that.  The band didn't like the idea of 
playing beside her solo stuff.  Tell Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
that!  Oh, you can't....they are gone too.

They thought it was ghoulish, meanwhile the Beatles have an
amazing new song that is remarkable and I keep playing.

What I do best is produce records, despite my songwriting and
piano  playing and creativity with the spoken word, and the tv
and radio work I do, and live performances, my favorite world
is the recording studio.   I put some Grammy winners over
tapes of my friend, the late Bobby Hebb, and it is exquisite.

His nephew on bass, another family member said to me 
"It sounds like he's in the room."  Yes, it does.  A Janis Joplin
album like my Hebb tapes would have been remarkable.

"Me and Bobby McGee" is on....I usually never listen to it,
too overplayed.  It was the direction Janis was heading to.
What a shame.

Will AI make some new Joplin albums?  What you don't know,
what no one knows, is that Full Tilt Boogie Band did record
an album after she passed.  It is in the vaults, unreleased.
Maybe we can put AI Janis on it?

My guitar player and friend, Eric, passed away last week...
so much younger than me.  The cigarettes got him.

I lost a close friend and my editor on July 5, a cousin
later in the month, she was so nice.  We live in two worlds,
this life and the afterlife.

Knowing that I put 137 songs of mine up on Spotify,
not cover songs, mine all mine.  Lots more to go up there.

It makes Caraviello, Knight, Petrella and their ilk so insignificant.

Medford has improved.  Now I can concentrate on the
Bobby Hebb boxed set that I produced (took me five years,)
and my music, and the things that are important.

Caraviello lost the election
Caraviello lost in criminal court
But he's still the biggest s.o.b. in Medford

Lawyer in courtroom Jan 31, 2017  "Are you one of the top 10 s.o.b.'s in Medford?"
 
Caraviello  "I'm on the list"  in front of judge and jury.

Hey, because Caraviello is now gone from the political scene,
there's always Everett's biggest racist and s.o.b. Anthony DiPierro
....all is not lost....


Joe Viglione

0 comments: