Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Where Has the Editor Been Since the Election? MEDFORD INFO CENTRAL EDITORIAL

 


November is extremely busy this year, but I do have an obsession:

my music.

Because there was a leak in the roof at one of my storage spaces (I have a ridiculous 50,000 albums or so .....giving many country discs and classical to Salvation Army, probably 10,000 of 'em...so every day I'm shuttling vinyl down the elevator (more like a big dumbwaiter, not to be confused with Rick Scarpelli and George Caraviello....don't put them in it, it will sink!!!)  

There's no doubt I am well versed on more albums than you, yikes, so many discs, even I am amazed.

 

But the real obsession is my own music.  We've come across a treasure chest of old tapes from the 1980s - one from one of my guitarists in California, the other from my long-time engineer. About 143 tracks on Spotify while I sent another engineer the live tape to cut up for even more songs (this from the guitarist)

Also writing new songs all the time, so everything just gets uploaded to YouTube.  Busy busy busy, as Gene Hackman would say in Runaway Jury, co-written by Brian Koppelman (ex of Tufts University, how do you think Tracy Chapman got discovered.)


10:52 pm.   I've lost over ten pounds, Caraviello/Scarpelli have not.  Nov 21, 2023

 

 

 

 

0 comments: