Thursday, October 27, 2016

Aggie writes to Breanna about the Tree Situation in Medford


8:45 am October 27, 2016

Hello Breanna,

Thanks for the question.  When trees under wires need to be pruned or taken down, I send them on a written list, with accompanying photos, to NGRID.  Generally, I wait until I have a list of a dozen or more trees.  So far this year, I have sent NGRID three lists.

One of the trees on a recent list was “52 Central Ave, on Garfield St”, but it was misread as “52 Garfield St”.  The contractor and NGRID are aware of the mistake.  Fortunately, work on the tree was interrupted early on and I am confident the tree will recover well from what amounted to pruning. 

May I also say that whenever a resident questions the NGRID contractor on a removal, the contractor calls me.  I either talk to the resident by phone or go out to the site, depending on circumstances.  This is another layer of communication that helps avoid errors, and which came into play on Garfield St on Tuesday.

Thank you,

Aggie