Saturday, November 23, 2019

Woburn, Saturday Night

1,455,879 @ 11:01 pm 11-23-19

Drove the car up to Woburn to get my mail...10 pm at night.

Did NOT get the L'Italien Report in my mailbox.

That's CITY HALL for you.  

Playing fast and loose by mailing it instead of sending the file via e mail.


There WERE people up at the Woburn post office at 10:20 pm, lo and behold, none of them our wide array of stalkers.

Where oh where is the L'Italien Report?

I've been busy writing a story on public transportation so earlier today I was riding around on a bus and a train.  

The car is so much more convenient.

Some lady that (let me generalize) looked like a druggy was LOUD and obnoxious on the bus talking to her boyfriend or male companion who looked like he was in the same condition.


Asked the bus driver if there was a law against them talking that loud.  He said no.

But writing this story I'm learning about the bus routes, which few car drivers know about.     It's quite fascinating, actually.

And here's the stunning thing...a bus goes directly to band practice!

I called up one of the bandmates, he was at a movie with one of his kids and thought he had to go practice...ha!  I said "No, this is amazing, I had no idea there was a bus stop directly to band practice."


Yours truly will be playing on New Year's Eve this year, something I haven't done since about 1981 at comedian Mario Cantone's grandfather's place.  


I never go out on New Year's Eve...

Not no more!
After we played in 1981 at Cantones we went to "Sporters" - an old homosexual establishment in Boston that's now a restaurant.


Some good-looking fellow was hitting on me; with me was my female friend, (who sadly just passed away last year, we used to call each other "husband and wife" and it was in the Boston Globe...long before I met Jo Jo,) my dear friend Dee Ranged and her mom.    

So this tall, good-looking fellow is negotiating with me to go home with him, while we've got a carload of band equipment and Dee and her mother...  Dee was telling me to go for it...and give me a time machine and - yes - I would - silly me, I was much too romantic back then for one night stands (obviously, somewhere along the line, I changed my mind!) 

...next thing I know Dee's mother has her leg wrapped around mine, and the tall fellow is standing next to us, and she says "Kiss me like I want to be kissed. You know you want it and I do too."  

YIKES...she was inebriated, obviously, in the alleged Brian Burke condition we have heard rumors about in Medford (oh, and Dee lived on Park St. on the corner of Park and Salem in the brown building on the corner where Pampalone's Music used to be, where I took guitar lessons... )  ...Dee's mother had a firm grip on me, so I yellled..... "Deeeee....>Mother....get her off of me."  And she did.

Pretty good memory for events about 38 years ago...so that's the last time I played out on New Year's Eve

Come hear me sing some Lou Reed on December 31, 2019...or maybe we'll do some of my songs...I actually don't know...these days I ask the band to surprise me...spontaneity like gaiety works better for grande olde performers...


Ring in 2020 with your favorite editor.

Stalkers ain't allowed because - honest to God - one of my attorneys will be attending the event!  Seriously!  He's also my lead guitarist's attorney, and we've been performing together the better part of 35 years...so stalkers beware!





11:01 pm
Pageviews today
146
Pageviews yesterday
1,117
Pageviews last month
31,423
Pageviews all time history
1,455,879