Monday, September 27, 2021

take the MBTA at your own risk these days: ‘I saw blood everywhere.’ Witnesses describe horrific Back Bay MBTA escalator malfunction

 11:13 pm  193 minutes, 140 page views

All Time2002848
Today140
Yesterday1112
This Month31933
Last Month35653


 

‘I saw blood everywhere.’ Witnesses describe horrific Back Bay MBTA escalator malfunction

A pile of people. Blood everywhere. Screams.

Witnesses of the escalator malfunction Sunday evening at the Back Bay MBTA station described a terrifying scene when an ascending escalator suddenly reversed at a high speed shortly after 6 p.m., sending people tumbling backward.

“I didn’t think there would be injuries that seemed kind of serious until I was walking by, getting out,” said Matt Wasserman. “Then I saw blood everywhere; a couple people had taken their shirts off because there was blood everywhere.”

Read the full story.

0 comments: