Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Statement on Vicious City Hall and Ultra-Vicious Nell Escobar Coakley

907,981 @ 3:00 pm 
907,955 @ 2:40 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

On January 8, 2016, two days before the 2nd anniversary of the most traumatic time in my life - a most untimely loss of my best friend,, the Medford Police Department sent me papers for an arraignment on phony charges,  They timed it to throw salt in the wound.  It was vicious.

Today, a judge dismissed the case.  A year and 23 days later.

The Medford Transcript - and Gatehouse News - which I wrote many articles for - published a malicious, one-sided story, never contacting my brilliant lawyer for comment.   They published a story making me out to look like something I am not.

Shame on Nell Escobar Coakley.  She is a vicious woman who should be removed from publishing one-sided puff pieces for city hall.  She is a disgrace to the profession.  Nell Coakley types up what City Hall Medford wants.  Her quote to me in the office one day "If you want to do business with Medford...." her voice trailing off as an excuse for her obedience but failure to write articles that have any integrity.

THE MALICIOUS CASE AGAINST A CITIZEN WHO SPEAKS AT CITY HALL

The police department had a secret hearing in Somerville District Court  

They had a secret magistrate's hearing without inviting me and rammed through their phony charges.

They they moved the case to Cambridge District Court without my consent.
Well they dragged me in, and it cost me thousands of dollars to defend myself, and because I called the President of the Medford City Council, Rick Caraviello, a "bungler" and a "liar" he went after me with a vengeance.   

But why, I ask you, would - on January 17, 2017 -  Mr. Caraviello and Mark Tonello show up at a local restaurant during a function I put together - a date that was  two weeks ago tonight?   Why would they bother a fellow Mr. Caraviello was taking to court in two weeks?    Think about it.    Why did Mr. Caraviello intimidate me at Bob Penta's function on November 3, 2015, twice coming up to me and badgering me with a loud THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT (knowing that I did not vote for him.)  It was loud, it was badgering, it was in front of people.  Does that sound like a man that is afraid of a journalist?  Two incidents where the current Medford City Council President was bothering me.

Mr. Caraviello's predecessor, funeral director Frederick N. Dello Russo, Jr. would slam the gavel at the People's Forum to shut you up simply because it is Tuesday,   His predecessor, Paul A. Camuso, would call the police to intimidate citizens to try to keep them from speaking -...or do what he did to me...he came after me with his SUV at a high speed in the dark behind city hall, honking his horn, pointing his finger, and blasting through the DO NOT ENTER sign.  That's when he's not leaving the actual city council to run down the stairs and chase you to your car to give his unwanted opinion, as he did to me in October of 2006, eleven years ago.

Then there's Mr. Camuso's uncle, Bob Maiocco.  That former City Council president threatened to hit me with a metal pipe at the city council, and the police chief Leo A. (Sad)Sacco Jr. that did nothing during the days of Officer Stephen Lebert's malfeasance said he wasn't going to do anything about it.  
Or the wrongful conduct of Officer Jimmy Lee, Officer Shawn Norton, Officer Shawn Hughes, Officer Miguel Lopez...nice track record, Leo.  NOT!

Got it?  

A Council President threatening a man with a metal pipe by cracking a joke "I could have used it a few minutes ago."  And the police chief not concerned about a threat of physical violence.

Today I enjoy a big victory over City Hall.   City Hall Medford stifles free speech. We have no TV station.  I am the man fighting for our Public Access TV rights.   I am the man who shut down TV3 Medford.

Today, Justice was Served and the forces of evil were defeated.
Tune in to my radio show tomorrow, Boston Free Radio – "Its all about free speech, baby!" 
Wednesday 1-3 pm The Joe Vig Pop Explosion, Best Music Show of 2017...and along with me getting a free speech award, so did Mayor Joe Curtatone.

The Joe and Joe Show...?  Well, not quite...