Monday, August 27, 2018

Oh My God! Look who is in The Medford Transcript...wickedlocal Medford

1,242,248@8:50 pm
1,242,103 @ 10:37 am
What concert promoter was crazy enough to drag this maniac out of the mothballs?*

*actually two promoters crazy enough; was just offered another show this morning (Aug 28) on October 6.

I Want You Sexually
haven't played this song live since 1988, the Jo Jo Laine era!
Dedicated to Jo Jo! who would duet with me (and who is on backing vocals!  The only girl I would've married...and she goes and dies on me!  Miss that gal...we'll have fun and her spirit will permeate the room when we hit this number!)

oh lighten up, it's a charity event for Hull High School special needs musicians.  And no RICO check because the town has a clue!!!

http://medford.wickedlocal.com/entertainmentlife/20180826/rat-remembered-boston-musicians-reunite-for-throwback-show-in-hull


Notice that the famous photo from Creem Magazine was also used for the back of my first album cover in Paris, France and is now on WickedLocal.com


http://medford.wickedlocal.com/entertainmentlife/20180826/rat-remembered-boston-musicians-reunite-for-throwback-show-in-hull

Although Viglione is still putting the set together, he’s got a good idea of what it will include.
“For covers, we’ll do a couple of Lou Reed’s tunes, we’ll definitely do ‘Pills’ by the New York Dolls, and we might do ‘Be My Baby.’ As far as my originals, I’m sure we’ll do “I Want You Sexually’ and maybe ‘Friend.’ ”  (yeah, with the classic line "God a wife and kids?  Don't tell me your fxxxxng problems I don't want to know...)

CAN'T WAIT!


KISS AND TELL, MY NEW BOOK!

ok, here's some real PRIVATE stuff I haven't printed anywhere else about the song I Want You Sexually and why, sometimes, homosexuals having girlfriends is not the smartest idea.

Jo Jo loved me because she could trust me.  We were a perfect pair!  Her family and mine were not thrilled with the relationship - ha!   I think my side was thinking "Can't you stick with guys?" and her side was thinking "Can't you stick with girls"  HA HA...but at the end of her life both sides realized we were friends, good friends, for life.  And then she was diagnosed, and then it got worse, and now she's gone.    There's a lot more to the story but I ain't gonna kiss and tell THAT MUCH!
______________________________________________________

so my ex boyfriend is someone she was TOTALLY head over heels in love with.  He was devastatingly handsome, and a funny dude, and even though the song I Want You Sexually is about the trick married guy who swung like a pendulum, the lyric is actually how I picked the boyfriend up on a Christmas night with my friend/roommate who was dating a Medford dude...ha ha...the lyric is more about my ex than about the trick, but I took some artistic license and morphed it this way and that

That Christmas night in the mid 1980s:
friend/roommate: "Should we take him home?"

Me:  "No, I think I want this one for myself."

Ex-BF when I told him how it went down on that Christmas night "What was I? Hamburger?"

(No, actually prime rib!)

OK, so the little incident with the married guy, look, I didn't know the gay protocol he had in his head, so...fast forward to when his husband moved to Boston - a sometimes vicious queen...as the old guys at the Napolean used to say to me "We like to see you with XXXXX  because we can't stand that husband guy from New York."  Whose name was also "Joe" but that way he couldn't slip up in the middle of the night saying the wrong name, right? But I digress...

So the lovely couple move in to a complex with my gal pal on the top floor, go figure.

So one afternoon me and the ex and my girlfriend were all hanging out, and she went back upstairs.
Suddenly he locked me in the room.  Now we hadn't been in this close proximity alone in about a decade, ok, but the chemistry was in the air.  No one had to say anything.  This was actually going to be the best romantic interlude we ever had.   He turns off the light.  Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.  (This is why homosexuals should NOT have girlfriends.)

Me?  I was just familiar territory, but HE, my girlfriend was absolutely in love with him, and his husband knew it.  She knocks on the door. We don't say a word.  In fact we didn't say a word at all since he locked me in the living room!  HA HA...words were not necessary.  We don't answer her.

The pitter patter of little feet...she goes running up the stairs...we look at each other...she comes running down the back stairs.  The back door opens. She had a key.

Now with our famous threesomes in West Palm Beach and New York and wherever the hell we flew to, the idea was threesomes with strangers...NOT with my personal relationships, such as they were.

Well she comes waltzing in the living room and said "Hello boys."

I looked at him and said "Great seeing you" and I went home.

I want You Sexually indeed.      We got word that he passed away, his husband passed away, she's gone, and I'm the last man standing.

So you'll have to take my side of the story because that's all you got...and this lovely song...

https://soundcloud.com/joe-viglione/i-want-you-sexually

Basically, I struck out twice!    The night that threesome with the trick didn't happen, and the day my girlfriend wanted a threesome and I said no, not in so many words.

The rest of our friendship I will keep private...

"I Want You Sexually" features Brian Bradley on guitar, Carolyn Casey on bass, Joe Petruzelli on drums, Ava Electris, Deb Galiga and Jo Jo Laine on backing vocals. Jo Jo Laine and Ava Electris both tracked separate lead vocals on the same song a la Motown Records. The song was played on WXKS Kiss-108 (Thanks DJ Ed McMann) in Boston the night before I opened for Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor at the Paradise Theater in Boston.There are multiple stories here, one is the song itself which is about a threesome that almost but didn't happen. I was in a club with a boyfriend at the time and a married guy that he tricked with once was eyeing him. So I went over to the dude and he put his hand on my backside and was interrogating me about my relationship to my b/f/ I then asked him if he wanted a threesome and he said yes. My boyfriend flipped out that I would have the audacity to ask the dude without asking him first and we didn't talk for weeks after that. Ha Ha...and the married guy ran, he didn't walk, he ran! HA HA...then a roommate of mine saw the dude at a bar in Maine - The Front Porch in Ogunquit or Old Orchard Beach or something, I was there of course, and my roommate cruised him and asked if he knew me and he said "He writes dirty songs about me" HA HA...so you know he heard this song. The second story is about how Jimmy Miller met Phil Greene through me while we were at Bunratty's. Phil gave me free recording time so we practiced two songs for a few months, my original "I Love That Feeling" and a Rolling Stones outtake recently released on the expanded Exile On Main Street, Blood Red Wine. While Phil Greene and drummer Joe Pet were trading samples, and Jimmy Miller suggested we let them have their fun, I wrote this song in the back of the studio (in the band area of the recording studio.) Miller loved it, and he worked his magic with the Boney Maroni riff and neo doo wop girl vocals in the background and he helped me immensely with my Lou Reedy-vocal styling. Amazing production by Jimmy and now I really know how he made those Rolling Stones masterpieces. (C)2018 Joe Viglione ASCAP / Var Music Publishing BM