Thursday, January 24, 2019

Ex Boyfriend's Ex Boyfriend

file under: so many men, so little time...


He sees me in a bar / gives me a hug
"Can you forgive me?  It's been so many years"
(*forgive him for something stupid he did at a dinner one night. Yeah, long forgotten)
The Ex Boyfriend's Ex Boyfriend
as I live and breathe
the ex boyfriend's ex boyfriend
returns with love and tears

I was just sitting in the corner contemplating
the younger crowd took over
at our old favorite haunt
It's just not like the old days 
but what the heck
much, much too loud for me
half our old crowd dead, the other disappeared 


he still looks good
and we can have what never was (before)
these bars don't excite me, 
anymore
a handsome face, and me, walking out the door
a handsome face from what's now long ago
walking out the door

I always had a thing for my ex boyfriend's ex boyfriend
we had a connection we never put on display
older and wiser, ex boyfriend's ex-boyfriend
something old is something new
come what may
even if it's temporary
or if this thing chooses to stay
me and my ex boyfriend's
ex boyfriend 
might figure it out someday...
maybe even today...