Friday, July 31, 2015

LEBERTGATE 234 comments on the Washington Post site



See the entire video - go to 
Tiny URL .com Detective Lebert Threat to kill

http://tinyurl.com/detectivelebertthreattokill


Tell your friends to link to and bookmark:
Medford Information Central Dot Com
http://MedfordInformationCentral.com
more updates during the day. Stay tuned.

 also
developing story in our companion publication on the national press eviscerating Stephen LeBert 

COMMUNITYMEDIAMEDFORD.COM

http://www.communitymediamedford.com/?p=619




http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/07/29/ill-put-a-hole-right-through-your-head-mass-police-detective-tells-driver/

234 comments on the Washington Post site
wosieay
7/30/2015 5:52 PM EST
I enjoy law and order shows on TV. However, there are many occasions in these programs that show police acting in less than professional behaviors. In the shows these are all, basically, good cops, but they are shown in a human side that is not always appropriate for police. It occurs to me that maybe our police forces are themselves watching too much television. After all, these shows are showing exceptions to every day behavior. If it wasn't different, it wouldn't have any audience. You "do" have to have a "story" to keep audiences coming back. I'm willing to bet that, day to day, their experiences are pretty mundane. My understanding is that it is possible to retire from law enforcement and never having had to fire a weapon. But that's not "news". Nobody reports on same old same old. I myself have never ever had an unpleasant interaction with any law enforcement. They've always been polite and friendly. I might mention that I am a 5' 1" petite blond. No body has ever said that I have ever appeared threatening. My husband says that one look at my big eyes and they just don't have the heart. As a matter of fact, none of my family members or friends have ever had a bad experience with police.
ConcernedCitizen99
7/30/2015 2:40 PM EST
What about the uniformed officers? Was their response to the reported death threat adequate here? As far as I can tell, the driver told them he had received a death threat, and they responded by talking about a sticker that evidently should be on the plate. Shouldn't the police take a report of a death threat more seriously than this? I mean, sure, they had (misplaced) trust in this detective, which is understandable. Perhaps they considered this "his" traffic stop, and were inclined to be deferential to the detective. Also undoubtedly some drivers just spew random accusations when they get pulled over, so I can understand taking this with some skepticism. But still, this was a reported *death threat*--I think that's serious! If a primary goal of the police is to protect us, then shouldn't a death threat be taken more seriously? Even if it means extra headaches for officers making stops and arrests? What they did was to pile on instead of even following up in basic ways on the report. They did not ask for a quote or take down a description of the circumstances in which the detective allegedly threatened the driver. The driver even said he was frightened and asked for their help. Perhaps they dismissed this as a ploy on his part--dismissed it too quickly. Cops have a hugely dangerous job, which I appreciate. I know some personally, and they are admirable individuals. Cops have come through in heroic ways again and again. But the fact that this can be a dangerous job does not explain why they didn't take down the specifics of this reported death threat. But reading the news recently, and especially seeing the videos, I find myself losing a significant chunk of my respect. Some cops out there actually seem to be the very problem we have hired them to solve! And others may be ready to enable them. And yes, the available evidence suggests that blacks and minorities get this kind of treatment much worse than whites.
woodyag
7/30/2015 2:35 PM EST
The reality is - the cops who are doing these kinds of hyper- threatening behaviors - are afraid.

I'd have to say, cowards. Now- not all cops; certainly. But our police forces seem to contain too many - cowards - who just should never have been put on the force.