Monday, July 27, 2015

Boston Globe on LeBert; Ed Finn's vicious assault going out to news media



Cop caught on dash cam threatening to ‘blow a hole’ through driver’s head


http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/07/27/cop-caught-dash-cam-threatening-blow-hole-through-driver-head/eyZbmPp22kuuacwx8hHe2M/story.html


Mike repeatedly informed Lebert that he had a dash camera and was filming the exchange. Massachusetts is a “two-party consent” state, which means it’s illegal to record audio without the knowledge and permission of the person being recorded. There is a gap in the recording when Mike turned his car off.
Here is a transcript of the exchange, in which the driver repeatedly apologizes and tries to de-escalate the situation, while Lebert continues to threaten him:
Lebert: “I’ll put a hole right through your f---ing head.”
Driver: “I didn’t know you were a cop.”
Lebert: “I’ll put a hole right through your head.”
Driver: “Okay, okay, okay, okay.”
Lebert: “I’m a f---ing Medford detective. And you went through that f---ing Rotary.”
Driver: “I didn’t see a sign. I didn’t see a sign --”
Lebert: “Give me your license.” … “Don’t worry, there will be a cruiser here in two seconds.”
Driver: “Sorry, I didn’t see that sign.”
Lebert: “You’re lucky I’m a f---ing cop. Cause I’d be beating the f---ing piss outta you right now.”
Driver: “Geez.”
Lebert: “Gimme your license.”
Driver: “I just wanna let you know--”
Lebert: “Gimme your license!”
Driver: “I also wanna let you know--”
Lebert: “Gimme your license!”
Driver: “Okay, I just wanna let you know I also have a dash camera.”
(Lebert walks away from vehicle, then turns around and starts walking back toward it, shouting.)
Lebert: “So I’ll seize that. I’m gonna seize that camera when you almost hit that car head-on when you went through the rotary the wrong way.”
Driver: “I didn’t see the rotary. Yeah I—I messed up.”
Lebert: “I’m seizing your camera. Thanks a lot.”
Later on during the video, another exchange:
Driver: “I thought you had a gun, so I got scared.”
Lebert: “I didn’t show you the gun. I showed you my badge and ID.”
Driver: “All I see is you reaching through your pocket, and you’re coming at me aggressively. I’m gonna run. It’s scary.”
Lebert: “You almost hit a car head-on.”
Lebert then orders the driver to shut his car off. He complies. At one point, Lebert accuses the driver of trying to flee the scene, which he denies.
There’s a break in the video, and then the driver appears to be speaking to other bystanders and asking them to stick around and support his story to other police officers who have showed up at the scene.
Driver: “I thought that guy was gonna kill me. He was yelling at me. I was super scared.”
Then the driver has an exchange with a different officer who has arrived at the scene:
Driver: “I don’t know who that guy is.”
Cop: “That’s one of our detectives.”
Driver: “Yeah, he told me that. But, I didn’t know that, and he was super aggressive at me. He was yelling. And he jumped out of his truck, and he yells that he’s gonna blow my brains out. And so I got scared and I threw it into reverse. I’m like, ‘What the hell is going on?’ Like I don’t know this guy. He’s got tattoos, he’s got wifebeaters. Where i’m from—I grew up in Lowell, Massachusetts—it’s a rough area. When someone says they got a gun, they usually got a gun. So I’m like, ‘Oh, my god. I’ve gotta get the hell outta here.’”

Rumley's Best Friend's Brother, Officer Jimmy Lee also a hot head, whacked bisexual girlfriend's lip!!!