Sunday, May 27, 2018

Joe Viglione for Executive Director of Medford Media Center

1,198,980 @ 6:10 am
 
Neil Osborne
Office of Diversity
City Hall
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford MA 02155


1)PROPOSAL - JOE VIGLIONE AS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF TELEVISION STATION

2)Complaint on Jenn Dever Wood for not sending me the info on the TV Station Manager search, which I requested of Allie Fiske some weeks ago  (Exhibit A, below)


Mr. Osborne,

For over 20 years I have worked to refine Medford's inefficient public access situation.
I am - unarguably - the most dedicated, experienced and skilled professional to fix the broken access TV situation in Medford. 


This is a lengthy essay - an investment of my time at 5:18 on a Sunday morning, which contains material of great public interest. City Hall has an obligation to give this citizen an opportunity to put into place a true public access media center.

A)Joe Viglione put in the sole proposal when former mayor McGlynn put out a request for proposals. My  Community Media Medford is a registered business filed at the clerk's office at City Hall

B)Mayor Burke ignored the proposal, as Mayor McGlynn did, yet Burke lifted my concept, putting a novice - Ben Brown - at the station, not ready for prime time, and hijacking my company name, calling the station Medford Community Media, which is simply switching around the name of my established YouTube channel. Flagrant copying of my intellectual property, the sincerest form of flattery


C)Joe Viglione shut down TV3 Medford, with help from Doreen Wade and Bob Penta. Make no mistake, Medford Community Cablevision, Inc. would still be in operation if Joe Viglione did not work tirelessly to stop the nonsense, in court, at the council, in the court of public opinion

D)Viglione is an award-winning producer with more experience in access television than any person in the city of Medford, with more experience than most people in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Mrs. Burke snubbing me, insulting me at La Cascia's Bakery in May of 2017, is a reflection of her poor judgment. Shame on her.  Mrs. Burke is more polarizing than Mayor McGlynn was.  As Executive Director of the station, Mr. Osborne, I can show true inclusion which, sadly, your office claims it does - IN NAME ONLY.  Clearly, osmosis is in effect due to your hanging around with Attorney Rumley too much
_____________________________________________________________________________________


As you know, Attorney Osborne, I have reported harassment of senior citizens Dr. John Storella, Bob Penta, and others by elected officials at the city council, and the city has continually failed to protect the free speech rights of the elder community, despite being warned of the 1st Amendment violations.  Veteran Jeanne Martin, a woman not yet a senior, also was treated disrespectfully. It is the rule, not the exception in Medford, to stifle free speech and harass seniors.

Hiring me as Executive Director of TV3 would be step 1 in stopping those bad practices by this Administration, an extension of the bullying/discrimination by the previous Administration. 


City Solicitor Mark Rumley and former councilor Paul Camuso engaged in bashing the late Pat Fiorello, a videographer harassed non-stop by the TV station and elected officials.  They did this at the council, bashing a deceased citizen, to attack me on camera.  Sophomoric bullying by public officials who took an oath to be public servants.  That Mr. Rumley told me personally that disrespecting the dead is off limits, and to be such a hypocrite as to attack my late friend to denigrate me, is Exhibit A on Rumley's hypocrisy.  He's a bully when his job is to work for the people. He's a public servant.
Allegedly.  That I was able to remove Rumley from a witness stand in a court of law (9/1/16) with a simple "Objection, your Honor" speaks volumes of the malarkey Rumley dishes out when a judge isn't present to put a sock in his mouth.

By the way, these factual comments are protected by our amended U.S. Constitution.  I realize that your paycheck is more important to you than the Constitution, proof of that being my complaint on your committee's violation of the Open Meeting Law upheld by the office of the Attorney General; if you need to be reminded, my victory over your failure to tell the chair that I would be videotaping is published on the AG's website)

______________________________________________________________________________________


I requested information on the position of station manager from Jenn Dever Wood via Allie Fiske.
Dever Wood failed to reach out to me ?  Why?  Discrimination is how Mayor Burke's Administration operates and it is illegal and hurts our community.

The pure discrimination by Mayor Burke in failing to respond to ALL citizens should be covered by the Mass. Commission Against Discrimination re: Retaliation.  I will be filing a retaliation complaint on city hall with that agency this week, unless Mrs. Burke responds to my proposal in a professional and satisfactory manner.


Had Medford Community Cablevision, Inc. hired me in 2005, we would have a flourishing access station in our community.  Mayor Burke was on my side for years when she was on the city council.  Power, obviously, went to her head so she - as issuing authority - continued the poor judgment of MCC TV3 (failed hirings - Steve Marra, Jason Salzarulo, Dawn Natalia and Dan Sarno) by hiring Ben Brown.
Mr. Brown resigned on Friday the 13th, April 2018, how appropriate, after I warned the city council not to allow Brown to start working on the government channel equipment.  Well, the council didn't take my advice, and Ben Brown's poor work ethic resulted in government cablecasts looking like poorly dubbed foreign movies with talking lips not matching with the audio.  Great.  What an embarrassment that the Mayor would rather cheat the cable ratepayers because hiring her political cronies - no matter how inept and bungling they are - is more important to her.


I understand Councilor Marks made an interesting judgment at the second cable advisory meeting, "Joe Vig was right."

I understand State Rep Paul Donato has allegedly told certain individuals that I'm the best man for the job.  He's right...our city has had five failed hires in a row, spanning back to the 1990s - Steve Marra, Jason Salzarulo, Dawn Natalia, Dan Sarno and Ben Brown.  The definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and getting the same bad result.  Good one, Mayor Burke, good one.  Not.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________


THE CITY OF MEDFORD: Mediocrity for public access


Having videotaped cable advisory meetings 1 and 3 (#3 being Thursday of last week, May 24) again I witnessed three cable advisory board members out of their depth.  Mr. Campbell as chair didn't even known enough to vote at the proper time on an issue until Gabby Follett Sumney reminded him. It's on tape.
_______________________________________________
As I started in access in 1979, and was the key person to shut down Medford Community Cablevision, Inc., this city that has harassed and abused me shoots itself in the foot by making political hires instead of hiring Medford residents experienced in Access TV.

As Executive Director I can steer the ship.  I would reach out to Chris Donovan to be station manager, I would effectively create systems for outreach which will be effective.  I do outreach on a daily basis.  I am long-time publicist for two nightclubs in Cambridge, which the city is probably aware of, having performed at the club in 1974, 44 years ago.  We are celebrating the club's 80th Anniversary this year.  I have videotaped, performed and have had "carte blanche" to run publicity for both clubs upstairs and down.  I am overqualified for the position of E.D. of the TV station, as this city well knows.


HARASSMENT BY THE MAYOR'S HUSBAND


While I was videotaping a back-up of 'the Great Debate" in 2015, Mayor Burke's husband, court clerk Brian S. Burke, violated the canon of ethics and called me a "motherfucker" in front of dozens of people, many senior citizens, and he illegally forced me to sit at the right hand side of the stage - his boss, Michael Sullivan (in the TO noted above) failed to punish the mayor's husband for his wrongful conduct.

What I understand is that the front row of the Chevalier was fair game for anyone.  I was authorized to tape.  Mrs. Burke allegedly sent her husband to the back of the theater, but his wrongful conduct was witnessed by many, and was pure egg on the mayor's face.

Her husband allegedly said "Payback begins tomorrow" in November of 2015 and after I reported him, I was dragged into court on false charges.  Again I was victorious, but look at the pattern of how this city operates.  Nothing has changed since the days of Gerry Clemente robbing the Depositor's Trust.

_____________________________________________________________________

Mrs. Burke has treated those who did not vote for her like second class citizens, violating her campaign promise of being the mayor of all people. 


Mr. Osborne, Jenn Dever Wood failed to inform me of the current job opportunity.

I demand a meeting to be considered for Executive Director of the station.  Failure to do so will result in a filing with the MCAD.  I am eminently qualified for the position and want to help my city.

It's time that you did your job - my victory with the Open Meeting Law proves you are not doing your job.  Start to work FOR the citizens, as you are required to do.  Lobby for me and you benefit this city.

It's time the mayor stopped being polarizing and reached out to me to make amends for her husband's horribly vulgar abuse of this citizen.

The City owes me, and this access TV veteran can effectively build a true access station.

Give me the chance that I have earned and you will help this city.

Respectfully,

Joe Viglione



_____________________________________________________________________________

EXHIBIT A


Station Manager
City of Medford
The city of Medford is seeking a Station Manager for its public access station and community media center. Located in the Vocational Wing at the Medford High School 489 Winthrop St., Medford. Key Responsibilities and Duties: Include reporting to the Advisory Board of Directors of the Cable Access Channel to develop and implement all policies, procedures, and long-range strategic plans and compliance with the city of Medford, and supervision of such areas as personnel matters, training, production, programming and outreach. This person must have a strong background in technical operations, video production and support of a public access center. With primary responsibilities focused on the management, daily operation, training of membership and staffing of the Media Technology studio; and secondary responsibilities focused on the providing programming and studio services to the Medford Public Education Government (PEG) Channel on a timely and consistent basis. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume via email: to jobs@medford-ma.gov. The city of Medford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/504 Employer. For the complete posting please visit the city of Medford's website www.medford-ma.gov. (posted 5/15 exp. 6/15)

https://www.mma.org/jobs/station-manager-city-medford-0