Friday, May 25, 2018

Campbell Forgets to Vote on Issue as CHAIR ....funny or pathetic?

1,198,481 @ 2:54 PM
CAMPBELL FORGETS TO VOTE ON ISSUE; HAS TO BE REMINDED BY BOARD MEMBER THAT A VOTE IS NEEDED BEFORE THEY CAN MOVE ON. IT WOULD BE FUNNY IF IT WASN'T PATHETIC.

left to right
Jay Campbell, Gabby, Yvette
From about 6:05 pm last night to 7:05 pm Gabby, Yvette and "chair" Jay Campbell engaged with two city hall employees about the budget of the TV station, and then got into their "Paris Peace Accord" what shape is the table? discussion of how many phone lines to the TV station. When I suggested to Mr. Campbell that he should add a line for on-air calls, golly gee he was gushing with "what a great idea" - how can Stephanie put someone that dumb to chair a tribunal that Mr. Campbell knows absolutely nothing about? Easy, because she's Stephanie. What a fiasco. A local producer texted me this about the situation: "I'm done. Better for my mental health. ...I don't care anymore...there is no win... It's more amateur hour than I can handle...I don't even know what the cable advisory board is all about." News flash to that producer: Mayor Burke's hand-picked trio has no clue what the cable advisory board is all about either. Jay Campbell wants to now do public access...maybe he has some real estate to promote. That would not be a viable or ethical, possibly, road for Mr. Campbell to take, which I told him in no uncertain terms last night. Being on the advisory board means, as they were told by yours truly, the facilitation of local access and OUTREACH (to the community.) Jay Campbell putting his own show first is disgusting, rude, wrong and just plain abuse of power. But what do I know? My first show was in 1979...and Jay Campbell probably hasn't even appeared on or produced a "first show." Welcome to Medford.