Friday, November 15, 2013

Martha My Dear, You Have Always Been My Inspiration...Please, be good to me, Martha my love...

When you find yourself in the thick of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbCIFbJQDk

Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you.
 

Silly girl!
http://www.thewhitealbumproject.com/lyrics/


Mike: Take a good look around you!

Martha: Stop it MM, enough with the Beatles
lyrics.

Mike: Paul McCartney lyric!

Martha: Lennon must've been distraught. It's

a far cry from Cold Turkey

Mike: Speaking of cold turkey, what the hell

do we do about Pilleri?

FLOUNDER IN SEASON

Martha: Stick a fork in the F%@(#R* ( *the flounder).  This gourmet fish is delicious. Oh, and by the way, it was PRICELESS watching you at Dempsey's

Mike: JD Video productions?

Martha: Dempsey's Muffins, not Jack Dempsey, silly boy...you know what I'm 

talking about.  When I b-lined it over to the
leader of the opposition just to see your face
turn the whiter shade of gray

Mike; Whiter Shade of Pale


Martha: I LOVE that song, and you banned

his interview with the lead singer of Harum
Procol

Mike: Procol Harum

Martha: I knew that, and you knew that I
knew that

Mike: And I know when you get this way
you are about to hammer me.

Martha: Look, Mikey, I'm about to run for

Governor.  Friggin' GOVERNOR!  I know
that you've helped me in the past but there are 46 Mayors in Massachusetts, can you name
them all.

Mike: YES!   
http://www.mma.org/members-mainmenu-109/mayors/498-massachusetts-mayors-list

Martha: That's cheating!  My point is this,
you are one of 46.  No one knows McGlynn in
Agawam or Marlboro, yet I intend to be 
Governor of Agawam, Marlboro, Medford
and everywhere else

Mike: Et Tu, Brute?

Martha: Oh, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, when I ran
for senate my husband's buddies took off like
bats out of hell and voted for Scotty

Mike: You have an issue, I'll give you a tissue.

Martha: Lou Reed, I get it. No Scott tissues,

please.  

Mike: What? Are you allergic...

Martha: Careful.    The issue, Mike, is this P/E/G thing.

Mike: I can handle it.

Martha: Remember Tony Franciosa in 
CITY HALL

Mike: Please, not again...


Martha: Tony Franciosa as Paul Zapatti ...

Mike: Didn't I give him a head's up at the School Committee?

Martha: Zapatti, Zapatti... and to quote
gangster Zapatti...well... You're a singer, Mikey. Always have been, always will be.  Do the right thing.

Mike: We can survive this, Martha, we've
come a LONG long way

Martha: The door's closed, Mikey, and it can't be reopened. I did everything I can. Covelle,
Uncle Gene, Medford Housing, Prank Filleri,
that despicable neighbor of mine gives me the creeps...that ghoul.  You want to know why I
tumbled on my front step and got stitches!  Ron DeLucia was trying to say Hi to me again
and I thought I was caught in a black & white
George Romero flick

Mike: Night of the Living Dead!  And the

opposition leader's co-host actually met
Romero

Martha: Byers?

Mike: No, Sellers, Peter Sellers

Martha: Buyers? Sellers?  Who do you think

you are, Ziggy Plush and Joel closing in on
Photo and Video stuff

Mike: Let's not go there

Martha:You've got a John Cusack using public records requests and the city council to rip this thing wide open.  And who'da thunk he would
knock Bob Maiocco out before he landed the
haymaker on Alberg, Pilleri and the crony crew.

Mike; You are giving that whackjob much 
too much credit.

Martha: That's where we differ, Mike. Why do you think I shook his hand.  I like the guy!  Now as for you.  Take the pressure off yourself...


TO BE CONTINUED





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Hall_%28film%29

Democratic Queens borough president Donald Manes was a popular politician who turned his role into more of a proactive office, rather than ceremonial. A series of corruption investigations revealed he was using his office to orchestrate various kickback schemes. Many of his associates were forced to resign or faced prosecution. The result of these 1986 investigations led Manes to have a nervous breakdown, and eventually commit suicide.