Wednesday, February 1, 2017

CITY COUNCIL Violation of Rules - Parliamentary Practice Rule 36, Roberts Rules of Order 15

908,646 @ 12:14 pm

Michael Marks
City Hall - Room 207 
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155

RE: Behavior on camera at the Council Meetings

Parliamentary Practice
Rule 36.
In all matters of parliamentary practice not provided for in these rules, the City Council shall be governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.


The Office of the Medford City Council shall be governed by all legislative enactments inclusive of our operating rules and procedures (i.e. Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 43, Section 22).   http://www.medfordma.org/city-council-2/city-council-rules/



Dear Councilor Marks:

Pursuant to Robert's Rules of Order, which govern the Medford City Council (as noted in Rule 36 of the Rules of the Medford City Council - Parliiamentary Practice)  I am demanding that you abide by Chapter 15 of those rules: 
  
Chapter 15 - Discipline
Every organization has the right to enforce its rules and expect ethical and honorable conduct from its members    http://www.kidlink.org/docs/RobertRules/chap15.html

_____________________________________________________
If you do not respond or initiate the proper procedure against Council President Rick Caraviello, Councilor Fred Dello Russo, Jr. and the City Clerk Ed Finn for their unethical and dishonorable conduct regarding council matters, I will go to the State Ethics Commission and file on each one of them (I may do so anyway) as well as a complaint on you for allowing these activities to continue while the citizens pay about $200k per year for a - basically - toothless council under Plan A government.


You have not responded to my previous complaint on the behavior of Frederick N. Dello Russo, Jr.

I demand a response on whether or not you, as Vice President of the Council, will file against 
Mr. Dello Russo for dereliction of duty



On January 31, 2017, this writer was found INNOCENT in Cambridge District Court of the outrageous and malicious charges filed by Richard Caraviello and the Medford Police Department. 

This was a blatant attempt at censoring my writings online, in e mails and my free speech at the City Council. The thin-skinned Caraviello was outraged when a former TV3 member had a parody YouTube video of Caraviello mumbling.  Caraviello told me personally that he wanted that producer to get "25 years" in prison for the parody. That producer was arrested twice after the video was made, but that does not take away from the fact that it was among that individual's finest work: it was hilarious.

Caraviello, on the witness stand on 1/31/17, said that he had heard yelling in regards to Mr. Ed Finn's actions on January 16, 2015.   

Yelling?  By a City Council Clerk?   

For what?  My question to Richie the videographer about why he didn't have the cameras on Bob Penta AND Rick Caraviello during the meeting?  Sloppy work, but what do I know, I've only been involved in public access since 1979 and have awards and praise for my honest efforts and hard work.

Is there any doubt that I do a better job as volunteer producer than Finn, Caraviello and Dello Russo do as paid officials?  There's no doubt at all.  You, Mr. Marks, have told me that I am "articulate and smart," and you have lauded my public records requests at the council forum.

Mr. Caraviello, a City Council President, filing false charges against a citizen who only wants to do his civic duty and speak at the council; Mark Rumley and Rick Caraviello in 2016 attempting to silence my free speech by having THREE POLICE OFFICERS come to the council to intimidate me.  When I told Officer John Ghilain that "a judge granted me permission to come to the council" Ghilain replied "AND WE ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU."  All three officers were professional, but Mark Rumley's face was angry and flushed red, furious that Rumley couldn't censor me. 

We all know the lie Rumley told to retired Judge Jackson-Thompson in regards to the First Amendment, that charlatan is a disgrace to the city, as is the buffoonery of Caraviello, Finn, Dello Russo, Adam Knight and those before them, specifically Paul Camuso and his uncle, Robert A. Maiocco.

I demand a response and demand that you initiate charges at the council against those three in particular for failing to adhere to Robert's Rules of Order 15, City Council Rule 36: Parliamentary Practice and the almighty First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Failure to do so will, regrettably, mean that I will have to file a complaint on you with the State Ethics Commission or any other agency that regulates the behavior of an out-of-control City Council - one of the highest paid in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.  You can crack your jokes and have a spitting contest from the council with Mark Rumley all you want, Councilor Marks, you are derelict in your obligations and duties by failing to respond to my complaint on Dello Russo in a timely manner.

It is time someone held your feet to the fire as well. NONE of you have ANY respect for OUR money.

I am filing numerous complaints with numerous government agencies and plan to sue the City of Medford, the Medford Police Department and certain individuals as well.

Good day, sir.  Get me that information immediately or you will force me to file a public records request to obtain it - information on your plans to censure, sanction or initiate removal of these allegedly dishonest government officials. 

The citizens have been disrespected by this Mayor and by this City Council.  It's a new dawn.
My victory in court yesterday, one of many in the last 12 months, has made me stronger.

I am fighting for the people of Medford.   YOU have an OBLIGATION to US when you accept our money.  Now do your job.  Caraviello, Dello Russo and Finn certainly are not, and now you must initiate these charges I am filing against them for dereliction of duty.

Sincerely,

Joe Viglione