Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Getting to the bottom of the ACCESS TV FUNDING and where it goes

Hello Ms. Khan,

At 1:43 pm today I spoke to Assistant City Solicitor Kim Scanlon regarding documents I received concerning the monies that Verizon and Comcast take from cable tv subscribers (the franchise fee) and give to the city, ostensibly for Public, Educational and
Governmental access TV.

My goal is to figure out:

a)How much actual P/E/G money is paid to Medford by the cable TV subscribers

b)where this money actually goes.

I would appreciate some of your time explaining the documents I received from the Solicitor's office and how to request additional documents, if necessary, to further understand where this money for P/E/G  actually goes.

Anne Baker was kind enough to forward me salaries for high school teachers paid for out of the P?E/G funding.   Jack Dempsey, Allison Goldsberry and Lisa Dunphy receive funds.   

It is troubling to me as an access TV veteran (with my start in 1979, 38 years ago) that when Jack Demspey purportedly videotapes Chief Gilberti and Chief Sacco the audio is deficient.  For Eighty Five Thousand Dollars a year one would think the man could put a lav microphone on each chief.   I am giving you a specific example of how these P/E/G funds are improperly used and we have no access television.

I would like some time at your earliest convenience to get a handle on which monies go into the General Fund, how to scrutinize how the money is spent, and how to explain to the public the need for access TV and how the city of Medford is using monies while giving us no public access television.

As we now know, Medford Community Cablevision, Inc. was not access television at all but, as Joe Fortunato and Judge Jackson-Thompson explained it "private public access" (Fortunato) or "MCC Access" (Judge Jackson-Thompson).

Kim Scanlon and you, Ms. Khan, have treated me respectfully.  I appreciate that. These examples are here to point out how I expect certain individuals in Medford to pressure you not to give me the information that I seek.

Please allow this citizen the courtesy of obtaining the information that I need.  Examples will follow of how certain government officials behave to serve their own interests, not the citizens of this city:

I am deeply offended when Mr. Rumley tells Judge Jackson-Thompson (Nov. 2008) at Alden Chambers that he would find censorship "repugnant," only to see Mr. Rumley looking at every angle to silence this award-winning producer.   Mr. Rumley was very nice to me on the phone today, as Dr. Jekyll would be, yet yesterday he harassed one of my four attorneys (my attorney handling Medford nonsense) and allegedly libeled me as Mr. Hyde the day before: "
As always, I will pray that your client seek the help that, in my opinion, he so clearly needs.
Best Regards,
Mark Rumley
__________________________________________
My goal is to establish a public access facility that benefits the public.

Mr. Rumley now wears the hat of a medical doctor, it seems, as Rick Caraviello followed up Mr. Rumley's e mail with nonsense clarifying that Caraviello and Rumley are now medical experts - or think they are
Date: February 26, 2017 at 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: Defamation

Mark I did see that and some of his latest rantings are getting worse, he now is attacking my business and making serious accusations. You are correct that his attorney should advise him to seek some medical attention. 

Rick 
_____________________________________________________________

That both Mr. Caraviello and Mr. Rumley are aware that I go to a Christian Science Church means that they were both spitting on the religion I am a student of when my goal is to have a public access TV show that I - and we - pay for.

These examples are given here to point out that in my FIFTEEN YEAR QUEST for Access TV in Medford, meeting Mark Rumley and Diane McLeod in early 2003, shining a light on TV3 in 2002,

I have been treated unfairly, dragged into criminal court on false charges, prevailing over the city council president, only to have Caraviello follow-up his malicious abuse of process by harassing my lawyer, attempting to drive my high legal bills up further, and with Caraviello's documented libel, defaming this hard-working, award-winning access producer.

Ms. Khan, please let me know when I can meet with you to get more information that I need on the P/E/G Access monies.

Here is an example of details on where the P/E/G funding is spent. 


The salaries requested are as follows:


Lisa Dunphy CY2014 78,419 reg
2,600 add'l (misc)
CY2015 28,101.78 reg


John Dempsey CY2014 72,486.41 reg
8,008.35 add'l(coach)
CY2015 25,609.68 reg
5,766.88 add'l


Allison Goldsberry CY 2014 50,158,32 reg+retro
7,000.06 add'l (webmaster + misc)
CY2015 17,303.85 reg
865.35 add'l

Anne Baker
Finance Director

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Joe Viglione