Monday, November 27, 2017

Long-Time Medford Resident Goes OFF on Administration 11-27-17

From B.W. on our Medford Facebook page:
 _______________________________
Oh I know, I live in the Hillside, not sure if any1 can point to an area that has changed more. Medford Pre McGlynn I was a small child. I just know the Hillside was all families and now they are gone. 

I use to get off the bus with 35 kids,14 played football. I graduated in 94 my son in 14 he got off the bus with 6. Tufts bought 80 homes turned to offices, dorms and everything else, bought the church, Hillside school, Dame School Grand mas House. 

My Great Gram sold on Piggott my Gram sold on Piggott my other Nana on Harris RD my mother in law on Adams st. It’s sad, they say they are not forcing them out, but get a knock on your door for a home you paid 27k for in 70s they give you 850 cash and get 1100 a room for rent. This is now Southey. 

I use to know every 1 worked at the cleaners Espressos Hillside Hardware all in HS also at Tufts when it was all Medford kids. I can ho on all week, now they don’t hire Medford kids. This post started with football and we have absolutely no way to compete when Tufts owns 100s of homes families were in. I should shut up & be happy I got a house on Boston Ave 96 for 160 now get offered 900k cash to leave. 

(talking to me he says:) Joe Viglione this is not the Medford I remember. My Great Great Grandfather lived in West when the school was 1 building and he was batting coach for the Boston Braves, now they own all the way to West Medford and we are now a suburb of Boston in every sense. 

Every1 I graduated with moved North because they can’t live here. I was born in Ann Arbor MI while my mom was visiting my Gram, and Medford reminds me of Ann Arbor now. Sorry for the novel, as a coach and person who loves Medford/Malden 130 year rivalry and just the OLD City I’m sad. I lived on Exchange Ave too, wonder when they force them out and make condos. 

Makes me sick, I watched 2-700 year old trees cut too. I could go on all week, love Medford, but all fact what I’m saying.

_________________________
THIS IS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE IN MEDFORD ARE SAYING

A TONE DEAF MAYOR 
AND ANOTHER ELECTION SHE SLIMED HER WAY OUT OF WITH NO ACCESS TV