Wednesday, June 12, 2019

2:32 pm Amended Response to City Hall published 4:08 pm

Dear Attorney Scanlon:

No, the language is accurate. 

Also, I want to say upfront that I have the greatest respect for your professionalism and that of Janice Spencer.
I ask that you and Ms. Spencer please do NOT take the complaints on the law office personally. They are directed at one untrustworthy individual who has long worn out his welcome, Mr. Rumley.

Here's the lengthy explanation and,  as you have responded to my request, I am also putting in the CC the Public records division.   I am also putting in the TO: the elections division of the Secretary of State's office as, if the allegation is true, I believe Mrs. Burke is messing with the election (again) and - possibly - violating her oath of office.

I trust you, I simply do not and cannot trust the mayor and her accomplice, City Solicitor Mark E. Rumley, who has - in the past - played tricks with the public records law and stalled things intentionally and, I believe, maliciously. 

I believe my language to be accurate - there are allegations that the mayor is currently, present time, having Patrick Gordon - TV MCM station manager - alert access producers that she - the issuing authority - wants absolutely no talk of politics prior to the November 5th election beginning on or about Sept. 24, 2019. 

We know Mrs. Burke is a coward and hides behind her desk, cannot speak at the council, cannot speak to citizens - but not allowing citizens to speak politics on TV3 - with her sleazy CORI check in place - is something we expect from a dictatorship, not something that should happen in these United States of America.  How much longer will citizens stand for this torture, this lack of transparency, this behavior which is not civil, which is not ethical, which is totally immoral!  ?

May 17, 2017 I believe was the date, the Mayor invited EVERYONE to La Cascia Bakery, but only spoke to people she knew would vote for her and insulted a citizen who voted for her opponent in the 2015 election. The city is rife with such cowardly acts - that one in public - by Mrs. Burke. Shame on her, she was so open as a city councilor, what is she hiding?   Is Mike McGlynn truly ordering her to be so illegitimate as a mayor?

With only 145 days to the election (there's a countdown on my popular blog, now at 1,356,003 page views @ 1:18 pm today,) and new candidates unable to  have their own TV show without a Rumley CORI check,
Mayor Burke has an unfair advantage. 

As a respected member of the music press, and someone who has spent the better part of two decades investigating public access in Medford, I believe that unfair advantage is a clear and present threat to the 2019 election.  My goal is to get that information to the widest possible audience which is currently denied me.  One Medford resident alleged, and I'm paraphrasing, that city hall will never allow my program on the TV station, and that I have been targeted by Mark E. Rumley. The evidence I have proves, sadly, that that is the case. 

A giant stepping on an ant.  That's what your boss, Mr. Rumley, engages in, and it says more about his abuse of power and low self image than anything else.  In a court room, at a meeting of the Housing authority, when a third party is there to observe, I win and Rumley loses.  What happens? Rumley then gets as obsessed with me as he gets with Michael Marks, and that interferes in our mission: to obtain documents through this process, FOIA.

That is why I need these documents, if they exist.

Of course if Mrs. Burke is using sign language to get her point across because she knows that I will issue a FOIA request  to try to keep her honest, which is a very difficult thing to do!, then the citizens again are being mistreated and abused by a drunk-with-power mayor who censors free speech,
her lust for power blinding her to the definition of "public service."

We need these documents as Mrs. Burke DENIES candidates the right to speak on TV with their own show, without her first dipping into their CORI, ostensibly to see how she can gossip and undermine their efforts.  It's cheap, it is sleazy, and it is anti-American.  It is un-American.

And given the reprehensible homophobic "robo calls" Mrs. Burke issued in the 2015 election to attack her gay-friendly opponent, I submit that seniors are not the only "minority" under attack in the city of Medford.   Donald Trump ought to give her a medal: she's the Homophobe with a capital "h" so she paints her honest opponent as being anti-gay.   Indeed, she should sue Trump for stealing her hateful abuse of the power of suggestion.  And I am NOT being funny, I am as serious as a judge.

Mrs. Burke's claims of being gay friendly are as phony as her promise of being tree friendly!

As a same sex person, I believe that Mrs. Burke, Stephanie Muccini-Burke, uses gay people as a trophy hunter would, but absolutely spits on gay rights in Medford; I'm Exhibit A in that regard...  With an election only 145 days away, time is of the essence.    We need to know about Mrs. Burke's alleged new, ugly, hideous censorship plan, and need you to provide us with any documentation of this future event, that she allegedly has put into practice by alerting access producers to the quelling of free speech in June of 2019, to be implemented in September of 2019.

If it seems confusing it is because the mayor of this city is a very confused person.

I may want to litigate, file that Class Action suit that we should have filed years ago, and finally open up the access channel to people from ALL walks of life, not just the friends and anointed ones of Stephanie Muccini-Burke.   I do not know if you saw your boss, Mark Rumley, the champion of free speech, trying to shut me up when I was at the City Council calling for a CLASS ACTION SUIT. It's on camera, Rumley's hypocrisy naked as the Emperor's New Clothes.   Or Mr. Rumley, in a room where he had no jurisdiction according to his lying lips, the Medford Housing Authority, jumping up to allegedly object to my question!   My question got the Mayor's uncle to admit that Deval Patrick had appointed him. I went to the office of Deval Patrick and - voila - 2 weeks later "Uncle" (cap is correct, it was his nickname at TV3) Gene McGillicuddy was removed from the board of the Medford Housing Authority, allegedly lessening McGlynn (and by extension, Rumley) from having as bad an alleged grip on the Authority that they allegedly secretly held.   Please note the use of the word allegedly.

I have spent SEVENTEEN YEARS on fixing Access in the city of Medford; without my efforts an MCC TV3  member of the board of directors would still be charging candidates for  "commercials" on a non-profit station,  and allegedly profiting from the access station in an ugly way (the candidates who didn't pay up were smeared on his Friday night television program, that's when he wasn't violently attacking an image of this professional host/director/producer because he was seething with envy) - are we getting the picture?

Basically, I need ALL THE DOCUMENTS, MEMOS, SMOKE SIGNALS, HAND SIGNALS, sign language and other means of communication employed by this Burke Administration's hocus pocus, regarding more squelching of free speech in Medford - the allegation that there is to be NO POLITICAL SPEECH after a certain date, to be on or about September 24, 2019.

To reiterate:  I heard through the grapevine that the manager of the TV station, Patrick Gordon, told a city councilor - specifically, Michael Marks (though Mr. Marks was not the source,) that Mayor Stephanie Muccini Burke does not want any political speech prior to the November 5 election, which, if correct, would be:

September 24-October 1
October  1-8
October  8-15
October 15-22
October  22-29
October 29-Nov 5

The word on the street is that they are chilling the free speech of Michael Marks and that Marks' show is not going to be able to air during those dates.

As I have discussed with the law office via e mail and in person, and to Mr. Rumley personally at a meeting of the Cable TV Advisory board, Mr. Rumley's "CORI waiver" is itself an ugly violation of the 1st Amendment.

The sneaky CORI check is a violation of Mr Rumley's oath which states "...according to the best of my ability and understanding, agreeable to the rules and regulations of The Constitution...So help me God."

The Constitution's First Amendment is all about freedom of the press.  Many have seen how I have been smeared, physically attacked, erroneously prosecuted by lies and liars, my car desecrated, malicious abuse of process aimed at me, malicious destruction of property, frivolous lawsuits and violations of the Anti-SLAPP law, all aimed at me.  Yet I have survived, I am stronger and smarter, and every time we catch Mayor Burke and a school superintendent violating an Open Meeting Law, or Neil Osborne not adhering to the Open Meeting Law, or Mr. Rumley with egg on his face because he refused to comply with the FOIA PUBLIC records requests, the public that he is supposed to serve, not rip off, every bit of evidence just piles up and, hopefully, will reach critical mass so that these government "officials" can be brought to justice.

Kim Scanlon writes quoting Joe Viglione:

Stephanie M. Burke, regarding limited speech in Medford – these specifics include but are not limited to
Documents, memos, e-mails, texts regarding an embargo on political speech for six weeks prior to the November 5, 2019 election…”,
Yes, I want the current documents which plan for this disgraceful attack on the U.S. Constitution ostensibly by and from the law office, the office of the mayor, and the inept and bungling station manager of Medford Community Media, yet another class clown who doesn't facilitate access television, who does little or no outreach, and who kneels and kisses the feet of Stephanie Burke and Mark Rumley.  How shameful is that?

I'd like the documents, if they exist, Attorney Scanlon.

And, again, I thank you and Janice Spencer for your professionalism.  The city deserves honesty, the city deserves public service.  The Muccini-Burke administration refuses to deliver public service and blatantly discriminates.   Neil Osborne is aware of it, has documents that I have provided, and runs as fast and as far as he can rather than mitigate the discrimination against seniors and others in the city of Medford.
RESPECTFULLY

Joe Viglione