Monday, April 17, 2023

Better Business Bureau BOSTON GLOBE

 The Boston Globe subscription department plays a game with consumers in order to take money from our debit or credit cards. They have "terms and services" they claim allows them to swipe money they do not deserve. On April 14, 2023 I wrote the Globe about NOT debiting my card if the price went up.  They acknowledged the receipt of the April 14 e mail on April 17, 2023, after they swiped 27.72 from my debit card this morning despite my 2 (two) e mails to the Globe (via e mail and via their portal) NOT to take the money.  A horrible person on their phone system claimed he was a supervisor calling himself "Marlon."  Marlon was abusive, kept talking over me, said I wouldn't let him talk - they give the same malarkey talking down to you that they could do this via their "terms of service," and the abuse is constant as they have a script, you've heard it all before.  

MGL 93A Deceptive Business Practices violated. "Marlon" told me I would get my money back 7-10 days AFTER April 21, which to any logical mind is 15 days.  

Today being the 17th Marlon lied about 7-10 days so that the Globe can play with my money for a service I didn't want for 15 days.   If they do that to 2,000 subscribers their bank plays with 55,440.00 for fifteen days.  

Nice chunk of change and how much interest would they get after swiping my money and the money of others.  Better Business Bureau has lots of complaints on the Boston Globe Subscription.  The deceptive "terms of service" must end. Their online subscription doesn't say you have to phone them to cancel; I attempted to cancel online and "Marlon" told me that I was supposed to phone them. 

How many senior citizens and customers of all ages are aware of the Boston Globe's sleight of hand in regard to this.  They have almost thirty dollars of mine they illegally swiped on April 17, 2023 which I won't see until May.  It is theft, it is elder abuse (certainly "Marlon" the supervisor engaged in elder abuse) and it is wrong. Please help.

I WANT THE MONEY BACK TODAY 


IF YOU GO TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU SITE ABOUT THE BOSTON GLOBE YOU WILL FIND SIMILAR COMPLAINTS TO MINE.  

https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/boston/profile/newspaper/the-boston-globe-llc-0021-32/complaints

IT'S LIKE THE CREEPY FRAUDULENT 'MONEY MANAGERS' AT TV3  RON DELUCA AND HARVEY ALBERG ARE RUNNING THESE NEWSPAPER SUBSCRIPTION SITES, BANKRUPT OL' HARVEY CALLING HIMSELF A MONEY MANAGER.  BERNIE MADOFF IN HELL MUST BE SO PROUD.


'I'LL BE DAMNED IF WE LET YOU TAKE TV3 FROM US" SAYETH RON DELUCIA TO THE CROOKED MEDFORD CITY COUNCIL, WELL, YOU ARE DAMNED, RONNY, AND YOU KNOW WHO DAMNED YOU.....IT WAS ME!


https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/boston/profile/newspaper/the-boston-globe-llc-0021-32/complaints


Complaint Type:
Problems with Product/Service
Status:
Resolved
On August 11, 2022, I entered into an agreement with the Boston Globe for a promotional digital subscription for 6 months at the total cost of $1. I understood that at the end of this 6 months that if I didn't cancel, I would be charged the regular price.At the time I agreed to the 6 month promotion, I was specifically told that the subscription would start on August 12, 2022 and that if I didn't cancel by February 12, 2023, I would be charged the higher rate. At that time, I entered that date in my calendar to ensure I would cancel within the date I was told.I went to my account on February 11, 2023 and was dismayed to see that the Boston Globe charged me $27.72 on January 30, 2023, good through March 9,2023. On February 11, 2023, I cancelled my subscription, one day ahead of the date I was previously told that the cancellation was necessary.Today, February 13, 2023, I called the Boston Globe and talked to a representative and then talked to a supervisor. In both cases, they refused to refund the $27.72 and displayed absolutely zero flexibility, even though I was told specifically on August 11, that I needed to cancel by February 12, 2023.I am requesting a refund to my debit card and an apology for the inconvenience and frustration this situation has caused.Thank you *****************************

Business response

02/15/2023

Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding with our terms of purchase (charged in advance)

BostonGlobe.com digital subscription is a credit card only offer. Your credit card will be automatically charged in advance every four weeks unless a different billing term is specified in the offer. At the end of your introductory period, you will continue to be charged every 4 weeks for $27.72 (99/day) unless you cancel your subscription. Offer valid for those who have not had digital access in the last 90 days. Prices are subject to change. Additional terms and conditions may apply. All purchases are subject to the Terms of Purchase, available at BostonGlobe.com/TermsofPurchase.

I have confirmed your request to cancel your globe.com account was processed as per your request from 2/13/23.  No further charges will be processed on your credit card and a refund will be returned for the latest charge as a courtesy.

*************************


0 comments: