Saturday, April 8, 2023

Still Alive and well: Post Concert Thoughts

 Dear Friends,


Will get a lengthy post soon.

So Friday morning 5 am 4/7/23 things looked pretty grim with this Influenza A or whatever the hell it was.


And Saturday 8:18 pm I get back from performing a concert on Nantasket Beach.


We were great....I mean, the entire show went flawless (I left early, of course, it is still going on.)


No practice.   No set list.  Members of my various bands who had never played together before....you watch the video once I edit, you'd think we were the Rolling Stones.


Of course 50 years of being onstage we should be able to switch it on and off.

 

One Velvet Underground fan shook my hand, club manager was impressed.... people knew I was under the weather....and my drummer, a friend of forty years, thought I was pushing too hard on stage.  I told him "Almost....I kinda know when to quit."   Recovering from it all now at home and soon to get back onto the futon....

 

Thanks to my friends for the Easter wishes and phone calls and such....such an odd feeling driving home from a concert and so many Easter wishes, kinda sorta my resurrection.


My drummer from 1983 never played with my guitarist from 1985, and our keyboard player from the same time period never performed with my lead vocalist.....no practice, we just went out there and put on a truly great set.


First day of health (I almost didn't show up,) ...you know what they say....the show must go on 


And it did.


jv 8:41 pm


if only the city council could be as professional as we were.


About two grand came in for the high school music department last night.   They'll be sending me the tally for today later tonight.  All for a good charity....in memory of our pal Michael Weddle who initiated these events over a dozen years ago.


Michael got me out of the mothballs....I may not have played so much in the past dozen years without his support.... and now we are carrying on in his memory.    

 

MEMBERS OF THE BAND AFTER I PERFORMED, I AM NOT IN THIS PHOTO



0 comments: