Monday, July 29, 2019

Appeal - 7-29-19 Public Records Request Response from Medford City Hall

1,373,138@12:46 pm
1,373,114@11:22 am
1,373,083 @ 10:16 am
1,373,006 @ 9:01 am
77 page views in 75 minutes, more than 1 a minute!

Kimberly M. Scanlon
Assistant City Solicitor
Records Access Officer
City of Medford
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford, MA 02155
781-393-2470

Dear Keeper of the Records,

I understand that Attorney Kim Scanlon is out of the office until on or about September 26, 2019.  I have a couple of initial questions in my appeal on the
document request response that I received at 9:13 am this morning.

1)The July 18, 2019 Civil Service Commission determination  I-19-096

https://tinyurl.com/sonofmayorburke
noted on Page 3:
It is undisputed that the name of the Mayor’s son appears on the current eligible list for Medford firefighter, established on December 1, 2018. It appears that the Mayor has taken all appropriate actions to fully recuse herself from any future hiring cycles in which her son could be a candidate.

Yet I cannot find a "Burke" on the documents (13) e-mailed me this morning.

Did I receive the "current eligible list"  ???

2)Request #3 is denied.  How can the city have no documents containing the mayor's son's name if the Civil Service Commission notes that Mayor Burke's son IS on the eligible list.  How can there be no document(s) containing relatives of the mayor given that the Civil Service Commission states clearly that there is/are?
3)I understand that Chief Gilberti or his office sent out a January letter regarding the situation.   I believe that I was clear in wanting to see that correspondence.
I have Chief Gilberti's affidavit, which I appreciate, but not the letter to the candidates or other correspondence issued by the Medford Fire Department.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention to this serious matter



Respectfully,

Joe Viglione