Thursday, December 5, 2013

False Accusation against editor

    Nelson Mandela fought hard against injustice.  Tonight on the Patch a woman who has harassed and defamed a man at the city council, at his place of business, is now accusing him.    Those individuals have a lot of enemies in the world, and have always pointed the finger at their victim.

   Nelson Mandela put his neck on the line to fight against injustice.  Years before I joined a non-profit in Medford there were problems.  Politicians - most especially members of the city council, were being maligned by a 501c3, in violation of the rules governing a non-profit.  Amazingly, those politicians never went to the Issuing Authority to complain about the abuse of the 501c3.

   On or about December 10, 2002 I was attacked by a man with a Bible at TV3.  The individual, a member of a very controversial church in the middle of Medford Square, was already warned by the non-profit not to misbehave, but he couldn't help himself.  The person in charged laughed heartily that he didn't "discriminate" - hurling epithets saying that he could "sin" because he is "saved."  Somehow, in the Bible, it says something about go and "sin no more" - but this idea that you can "sin" because you are "saved" - you'd be hard-pressed to even get that information from the "controversial" church.
 * * * * *

   What is astounding is that members of the board of the 501c3 have fled in terror.  Take what they did to myself and a sport's host and a trivia host (both attacked long before I ever joined the "club") and focus on the board members.  If board members didn't agree with the president they were ridiculed, ostracized, bullied and pushed out the door.  A retired judge has a report and actually posts the names of two of the board members. 

   Fast forward to 2008 and a hideous show called "The Chumley Report" was available in Medford, humiliating the city solicitor far beyond what anyone was capable of doing: day after day, hour after hour, for about a month, a merciless pummeling to all 57,000 residents of Medford.

   I too was "brutalized" - a word a professional used when standing up for me.  Brutalized.  Public monies were used, "thousands and thousands of dollars" according to a former vice president to bully and harass a senior citizen.  That senior citizen was a good friend of that former vice president of the 501c3.  Only one citizen showed up in court to show moral support.  The 501c3 vilified me for doing what a Patch poster said we should do: stand up for the weaker members of society if you see a wrong.  Why was I the only person in court with that person (a woman from Malden joined us, but we met her at the courthouse. She was appalled at the persecution of a senior citizen and she yelled at a certain Patch poster saying "I would be ashaaaammmmed to take an old man to court."  The Patch poster wasn't phased, but his attorney (paid for with your monies) was.  I had to help the senior citizen get an attorney.  For that they lied about me, claimed that "he was passing himself off as the attorney."  They blogged the lie.  They laughed, they said "if you repeat a lie enough (about him) people will believe it."

   The clerk was Margaret Weeks at Somerville District Court.  The first thing I said to her was "I am not an attorney."  She replied "I know, let's talk in the courtroom."  Because I wrote for the weekly paper the woman, even realizing I wasn't there in the capacity of a writer, didn't want a journalist in the courtroom."  The city solicitor said that since it was only a hearing she had the right to do that.  Only one person was there for the senior citizen when the bullies were using thousands of dollars and a law firm to silence him, to stifle and squelch his First Amendment rights.
*****
   Since that time I have seen my old car have a hubcap removed (at the courthouse), my new vehicle scratched at City Hall immediately after that, my tires punctured, my vehicle then keyed viciously worse than the scratches that preceded it.

   You don't see me doing this stuff.  This is what "they" do, and you know who they are.  They have shown up at City Council meetings when I am on the agenda, and they block the doors so that I can't leave. The police come to stop them and they post on the internet that taxpayer monies were abused because they were being peaceful.  Nonsense.

   Prior to blocking the doorway - and it was a woman now in Malden spreading misinformation and accusations at me - and her husband and the staff of the station who blocked the doorway - prior to that there was a premeditated attack on me.  A sports host, himself victimized on a show that was called "Fabulous" - where the host would ridicule members of the "club" and think it made him look "cool" - a sports host phoned me that he was asked to participate in an attack on me.  He not only declined and expressed his dismay, he told me a Monday night producer/co-host also declined.  Thank you to both of them for that. The very next night three individuals, all named in a police report after the event, harassed me while I was scheduled to speak at city hall. The Council President contacted the police.  The police investigated, spoke to all parties, and made a determination that there was one victim: me.

   Minding my own business, exercising my right to the "people's forum" and Free Speech, got me attacked, a punch thrown at me outside of the city solicitor's office.  I couldn't even go to my car.  That was in 2010.

   In October of 2006, because I had met with the Mayor and told him of the complaints from citizens, I was followed out the door as I went to my car in the rain.  It was one of the individuals posting here, a man who lives in Malden, and his co-host of a money management show. They didn't want to speak at the council, they chose - about 7 or 8 of them - to follow me to my car and intimidate and bully me.  The individual from Malden yelled at me repeatedly (then claims he is hard of hearing and has to yell; but we don't see the yelling when the lights are on, only in the dark when I'm trying to get to my car.)

     After a gay basher was ordered by the court to STAY AWAY (after I was hit in front of my house with his truck, intentionally and simply because of my orientation) a Patch poster threatened to publish the "police record" she called it.  She took it out of context, not mentioning it was the perpetrator talking to the police and that he had lost in court.

   That's the hardball they play.  That's what I've experienced.  And the ugly things they have done to me, my family, people I care about, my business life, you have no idea what they - the aggressors - have done to others and then to me.

   What does one do?  Do you sit back and take it year after year after year?  Or do you report them to the police?  The police noted that they have "rapes and murders, which take priority, all due respect" (and that I understand) but that they were looking at the complaint because of the longevity of the situation.

   Currently another victim of these people filed a racism complaint. Twice.  She was ignored the first time, the second time the issue got some traction.  But if city hall had taken the complaint seriously the FIRST time, memories would have been more clear.    Now I have not heard the evidence in the case, but someone who heard it before it became evidence said to me that on the tape - allegedly -  is acknowledgment that using a 501c3 to interfere in politics is wrong and that they knew it was wrong.  Wow.  I have not heard the tape, but - if true - think about it.  They knew that going after four or five city councilors (B.P., R.C., B.L.K., R.M., and S.M-B) was wrong but they did it anyway.  This was long before they focused on me.

     "Equal opportunity slappers" is what the City Solicitor called them in a meeting with me.

     Now - after being bullied and harassed for what will be 11 years come December 10, 2013, 11 years of bullying after they were bullying many, many others, they just keep it going.

   Why do these people not write a polite note and call the "truce" (which the woman attacking me asked for, after shew as victimizing a guest or two from my show.)  Why didn't her husband who said "People, why can't we get along" actually apologize to the city council (he will never apologize to me for the "Spotlight On City Hall" nonsense) - why hasn't he apologized to the people who feel offended by him?  Even if he didn't do anything he should take the first step and offer the olive branch to the politicians who were maligned even though a non-profit under the regulations governing a 501c3 shouldn't attack candidates and politicians anyway.  Why didn't he do that?  Not to me, but to the ex-board members and ex-members and to the councilors?


   There's something disturbing about a dozen or so people keeping a vendetta alive.    Going after a man for asking simple questions of the city council; going after a man and writing nasty letters to at least six other non-profits who, thankfully, ignored those letters.  They knew where the "anonymous" invective came from.

   It cost me tens of thousands of dollars to defend myself. After being bullied.  33 nails were found in my driveway - the kind that go right through your tire - on the first day of the 2011 Superior Court case that I won.  33 nails.  When my tires survived that they just came by and slashed them.  I'm not the only one.  Not the only person this has happened to.

   I've been called every name in the book.  They have accused me of everything under the sun.  The Medford Police had to remove a most hideous blog with my name on it.  I'm impressed, they did it within 30 minutes of my finding it.  It was vicious, it was troubling, it happened in early 2012.  The woman now accusing me was definitely friendly with the person who did it, and the police know who did it.

   What is equally troubling is that her husband was baiting me saying "if you are being attacked, why aren't you going to the police."  So at a Council meeting I responded, and maybe the police didn't want it out at the time, but I had had enough.  I told the council, and the community, that I had gone to the police.  The police decided to start with "mediation" starting with the three individuals who had attacked me while at city hall on April 27, 2010.    Rather than have the person who threw the punch in mediation (he had been out of the equation; word has it he had his OWN falling out with those individuals; it's a pattern with them) - I asked for the president of the corporation to show up in that person's place.

   Within 6 weeks a Patch poster decided to violate the agreement the president made on behalf of the ENTIRE board.  Immediately horrifying blogs went up about me, calling me a "liar" and worse.  We had a truce in place, we had mediation with the police.  The Patch poster violated it. He violated it repeatedly.  He continues to violate it today.

   On September 4, 2013 one of the main offenders was arrested.  Currently there is a possibility of a charge of racism to be filed against those bullying the community.  The courageous woman who came forward was retaliated against immediately. 

       Nelson Mandela could have been involved in the mediation. They think they are above the law. They wouldn't have listened to Nelson, they wouldn't have listened to the police.

     We had a truce in place.  It was violated.  I was violated, repeatedly, and not by one or two people but by a dozen or so people.  Twelve or so against one.  Not very good odds.  That, Patch readers, is what happens to you if you dare ask about public monies and a reckless non-profit that spit in the face of the residents of Medford.