Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Reconstituted Love and Flame

1,223,432 @ 10:56 am
1,223,395 @ 10:00 AM

File under: Artistic License 

SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
LET THE NEW LEGEND BEGIN...


       Last year, 2017, for the Fifth Annual reunion of old friends who played the Rathskellar, which is a very long and wonderful weekend on Nantasket Beach, we had a killer band rocking out to Lou Reed.

    Having recorded and performed with over four hundred musicians over the past forty-seven years or so, it is fun to mix and match, so the players unavailable this year means that some of the other Love and Flame members return and we change the sound.

    This year is more of my "Ray Davies' Storyteller" mode where our drummer from 1974 returns (we've been jamming for over a month now) with a new bassist for the group, the return of one of our key guitarists, our sax player and female vocalist returning, and something very special which will be a good break for the audience:  the stories and songs won't be part of a train of incessant loud music.

     You'll hear Joe Vig originals - some that we haven't played in years like our big underground hit "The Salt Water Summers," the record that started it all and garnered so much good press, from Playboy Magazine to Creem Magazine (before the Cars! We got profiled along with the Who and the band Boston back in the early days of the New Wave)

    So if you don't see as many postings on Medford Info Central, keep in mind we are working on a new album, a new DVD and a new stage show.

     You will see it evolve on Facebook Live for those who are members of our club.

Stay Tuned, it's going to be a ROCKING SUMMER - a dynamic and exciting summer - and for those in our Appreciation Society around the world, you can tune in and watch without catching a flight from Japan or France, and see us in the comfort of your own iPhone or whatever device you utilize.

     A Splendid Time is Guaranteed For All. My friends are pro musicians and this is going to be a blast.

    It's been a long time since I've had the spirit and the energy to get back on stage, and it is for a good cause, the music department at one of the schools down in the beach area.

    We love giving back to the community that has given us so much.   

    Maybe we'll even have a Medford public access station for you to see this event.

   There are tapes from as far back as six years ago when this series started, and my band has participated in all six years featuring different key members from my four French albums!  From the first album Secret Little Tangents in Violet e-Motions, to Love and Flame, the Intuition Element and New Changes, the music will flow forth again.

    It's going to be fun, educational, and highly entertaining.

       JV


...writing this ...I think we'll do "New Changes" which hasn't been performed in years.


also this classic which compelled an A & R man from Atlantic Records to tell the woman he was with (outside of Buddy Guy's gig at The Lone Star) "Joe writes the best lyrics in America."

A TRUE STORY

I WANT YOU SEXUALLY
(C) 1985 Varulven Records
Words and Music Joe Viglione, ASCAP


opening line: Look at that, man, real slut material over there...think I'll go over and say hi!

Verse
Hey You, now don't expect letters of love
you've met the one that I'm dreaming of
you can't expect a lifetime when we first met
this might be as close as you're ever gonna get

you stare and ask me what's my sign I say
shut up, and put your mouth against mine
i want to rip all your clothes to the floor
we're going to get it on, nothing more because

CHORUS
...I don't want you emotionally
...I don't want you spiritually
...i don't need you affectionately
...i just want you sexually

Can we talk? I'm gonna buy you a beer
this is the first time i've ever seen you here
i don't know you I just like the way you look
tomorrow I toss you like a half read book cause
CHORUS
...I don't want you emotionally
...I don't need you romantically
...i don't need you affectionately
...i just want you sexually

last verse
you stare and ask me what's my sign
i said shut up now put your mouth against mine
you won't be the only one, but you're good looking
so call me
my number's Yell Fun

but
I don't want you emotionally
I don't need you spiritually
I certainly don't want you affectionately
i'm going to have you, sexually

maybe not perpetually
but sexually
mmmmm sexually

hey man, you know, you're pretty fxxxing lucky
not everyone get's to go down for the count...

Got a wife and kids? Don't tell me your fuxxxg problems I don't want to know...


(last line is on Love Songs Just For You, edited out of this version from Life's Work 2005)


The Salt Water Summers
Ascap
(C)1976 Joe Viglione

When I stood on the shore
You didn't know I
had to go back for more
You didn't think I
had it in my heart
to fall in love with you...


a song about memories, reminiscing, and falling back in love


NEW CHANGES

C 1985 JOE VIGLIONE
ASCAP


I just got back from the storm I
watch them taking form I
I have seen the vision
transform a reality

invading feelings/I wonder why you send
they work their way around me
so hard to comprehend

the new changes/ coming in to your life
the new changes / everywhere you go
new changes / coming fast coming slow

In a circular motion, a sign sent from the past
Keep those sights ahead
for the difference it  ....
and now my life again
I can see you rearrange
why is everyone who loves me
oh so fuxxxing strange

New Changes