Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mea Quinn Mustone running for School Committee

356,865 @ 8:45 PM
356,778 @ 7:14 pm
87 HITS IN 1 HOUR 31 MINUTES,
87 hits in 91 minutes, a page view a minute

Editor's note: campaign literature is not the property of the local publications re-printing that information, thus, we print this press release in its entirety.  As a courtesy, we provide a link to the Medford Transcript.

THE BEST ELECTION COVERAGE IN MEDFORD
is MEDFORD INFORMATION CENTRAL

We are also polite and give credit to competing online (and print) publications.



________________________________________________

ELECTION 2015: Mea Quinn Mustone announces bid for Medford School Committee

 

My name is Mea Quinn Mustone; my husband Tim and I are the parents of six children, ages 12-2 (Quinn, Teagan, Cullen, Nevin, Rowan and Declan).

I am a life-long resident of Medford and I proudly and humbly announce my candidacy for the Medford School Committee.

For the past five years, I have been actively involved in the Medford Public Schools. With our oldest five children currently attending the Andrews Middle School and the Roberts Elementary School, I have dealt with issues relevant to all parents: school bus transportation, large class sizes, special education, student safety and student enrichment.

As a parent, I have volunteered countless hours in the classroom and accompanied many field trips as a chaperone. I have attended both PTO and School Committee meetings in the evening to share my opinions and to stay informed on both school and city-wide initiatives.

During the 2012–2013 school year, I organized and supervised the PTO After School Enrichment program at the Roberts, and I presently serve on the Roberts School Council.

 My involvement has been rewarding, and like every parent, I want my children to receive the best education possible.

With my youngest entering MEEP (Medford Early Education Program) pre-school this fall, I will have more time to expand my efforts and energies beyond just my children and work on behalf of all of the students in Medford.

As an involved parent, I have learned to work well with the mayor, the School Committee and the chief of police to accomplish concrete improvements.

I helped to add a needed bus route to deal with overcrowded buses. I worked to add a new stop sign at a busy bus intersection, as well as to ensure proper snow removal at bus stops for the safety of our children.

As a member of the School Committee, I will work with the other members to advocate that our financial decisions are focused on student learning. As a Kindergarten parent, I’ve seen first-hand the need in our classrooms to add full-time Kindergarten aides to our elementary schools.

I plan to visit all of our schools in the city to gain a deep understanding of our facilities and to ensure that our students are being prepared for what lies ahead in the 21st century.

My professional experience coupled with my years of community service will serve the city well as a School Committee member.

My experience as president of Bread of Life (a local meals program) and board member of the Mystic Valley Elder Services balances my idealistic vision with a realistic approach.

Serving on the Arlington Catholic Capitol Campaign and with the Boston College Alumni Association has given me insight into working as a member of governing bodies addressing development needs.
As an undergraduate of Boston College, I served as the president of the Undergraduate Government of Boston College (UGBC), which taught me at an early age how to lead, govern, listen, prioritize, delegate and respect the office and the responsibility of an elected position.

I received my Masters in Education from BC which reinforced my passion for education and my commitment to the children and city of Medford.

Without question, I am invested in our schools and committed to ensuring that every child receives a caring, safe and challenging educational experience that will prepare them for the future.

 http://medford.wickedlocal.com/article/20150620/NEWS/150629716