Friday, June 29, 2018

Letter to Mayor Burke - Cable Advisory

1,212,825 @ 12:50 am

Mayor Burke
Medford City Hall
85 Geo P Hassett Drive
Medford MA 02155

RE: Room 201 meeting  

Hi Mayor Burke,

It is great to report to you that as of 12:14 AM June 29, the Facebook Live of the 6 pm Cable Advisory meeting has gathered 134 views from postings on my personal Facebook page, and a political page that I created, Real Medford Mass Politics.

134 views in six hours shows the interest that I can generate for access TV when the Advisory board only had three in attendance tonight.  My Facebook Live got the message out to the community in a way that would not have happened had I not attended - and put in the effort to video the event.

While some people apply for a job with paper and e mail, your pal Joey shows results by actually doing the work -  taping your advisory board - and look at the interest from the people of Medford!  My work speaks for itself.

Let's compare the Advisory to two other videos

1)June 18 School Committee meeting on city YouTube website: 40 views in over 10 days.


2)My performance at a club in Cambridge on June 27, 2018 (Wednesday night) garnered about 98 hits in 24 hours.  When we said "hi"  to each other in Wegman's, Stephanie, I thought you were buying tomatoes to throw at me while I was onstage... I would have used the mic stand to hit a home run...maybe next time...play my performance on the access station and you can throw the tomatoes at your TV! 

All joking aside, 98 views for a video in 24 hours is pretty darn good.  134 views of the cable advisory in six hours is huge. It is extraordinary.  Real access TV, from my phone!

My work speaks for itself.  

You know I can establish Medford Public Access in a way that the SIX past managers over the past twenty-three years (yikes!) could not.

Your cable advisory board did the best job yet tonight. They still get graded a C-(minus)
for:

---lack of content
---no vision
---not addressing issues that we discussed in March - one page indemnification agreement, etc.

That is not moving forward at the rate that we expect, but it is moving forward somewhat. And at least the tribunal was more professional tonight than in past meetings.  So there's hope.  Minimal hope, but - again - at least they are inching forward instead of sliding backwards.  Inching, Stephanie. We can do a LOT better than that.

Call me...we'll do lunch...you pick up the bill!

Joe Vig gets results.  But you knew that the first night you saw me speak at the Medford City Council lo those many years ago

134 page views!  Yvette, doll, you owe me!  

regards
Joe Viglione