Wednesday, March 11, 2020

How I Set Up The TV3 Station Manager To Lose....And Gordon Did Not Disappoint

1,568,392 @ 2:13 am
_____________________________
Back in 1992 when I was Consultant for 93.7 WCGY's Program Director and simultaneously the Program Director of WNSH AM 1570, there was a young man spying on us.

Now we knew what "the spy" was up to.

He was watching us because the wife of the host of our Sunday night show was insecure and thought her hubby was cheating on her with multiple women.

He was, of course, cheating on her, but that's irrelevant. 


The wife leaves her wedding ring in the bathroom of the Lawrence radio station.   She wanted an excuse to drop in as her husband was sleeping over at the station to do the morning shift.

There was a beautiful young woman, "K," doing the overnight shift.

The wife, now paranoid, drives all the way to Lawrence from Acton to drop in and find her husband...sleeping.


The poor thing..."K" was a lesbian and was certainly not going to fool around with her husband.

So the 19 year old "spy" - our intern - was becoming a bit obnoxious.  Finally I said "Look, kid, you do your work, or get out.  I realize that your #1 job is to spy on us for the wife.  It's getting on our nerves." *

*the famous d.j. was banging some 22 year old intern from another station, half his age, and a married woman before that.  He, of course, always said he was going to a "business meeting" with yours truly. 

That I did NOT appreciate.

"Do NOT involve your wife with our company" I said to him.  

He said "Oh, don't worry...she hates you!"

WHY SHE HATED ME:

Years before my girlfriend was cooking dinner for us and my blonde, former soldier, roommate comes down the stairs.   My girlfriend then blurts out to the DJ and his wife "Don't Joe and his roommate make a lovely couple?"

Well...the wife was not very fond of homosexuals, and for good reason...when her husband's banging chicks and saying he's out at a business meeting with the gay business partner!

My life is a book!   Interesting that my girlfriend didn't chase my roommate of the time...she usually went after all my good-looking guys...
but that's a story for another day...

My business partner, the #1 DJ in the market circa 1988, 1989, 1990 (sharing the honor with Kiss 108's Dale Dorman and WBCN's Mark Parenteau in different Arbitron books...the revolving three) said to me:

"Why would you do that?  (Lecture the 19 year old spy posing as an intern)  It's like a giant stepping on an ant."


My response: "Because I'm your producer, he's unprofessional, and - frankly - it is getting in the way of our popular program."

_________________________________
A Giant Stepping on an Ant

Pathetic Pat Gordon is ruining access television.


Yes, I set him up tonight - of course that was obvious.    The giant stepped on the ant again...not maliciously, but to prove a point to the community.

The "Litmus Test" was to see if Gordon had enough members to come forward and battle me the way TV3 did.

Tv3 had about a dozen people coming to the city council to shout us down.

Pat Gordon - only two.  Their testimonies to the council were weak, dumb and as vacant as the membership list.


Indeed, their rants about productivity and using my platform to beg for new members and viewers was quite telling.


I did NOT expect Ken Krause to go nuts.


That was merely the frosting on the cake.


Did you really think I was emerging from not speaking at the council merely to SPEAK at the council?

Really?

And you've been reading this blog for how long?


Sheesh...


There's a method to the madness...and I'm quite pleased with myself tonight.



  • a decisively indicative test.
    "opposition to the nomination became a litmus test for political support of candidates"