Friday, March 27, 2020

New UPLIFT TV Show taping in Medford TONIGHT- Secret Things by Joe Viglione Chosen as Theme to the Show

1,580,637 @ 9:51 am all-time page views

For Immediate Release

A new live music show starts taping in Medford tonight.

The producer/host has chosen the song
"Secret Things" by Joe Viglione as the theme to the cable TV show.

He has some local legends signed up to be on the program - it's new and exciting and a different perspective from my Visual Radio as I have nothing to do with it other than contributing the theme song.

https://www.reverbnation.com/joeviglione

Back in the 1980s I would be up in the middle of the night playing my 12 string acoustic and writing random songs.  There were a LOT of them, it was a most prolific time over at Dragon Court where we operated the Jimmy Miller Music Company.

So my band at the time - which also backed up Denny Laine from McCartney and Wings and my dear friend Jo Jo Laine - went through the cassettes and liked what they heard.  I had no idea this was going on.  I show up at practice where they had their own recording studio and they start playing me their arrangements of these songs I had written and abanoned.  It blew me away...Secret Things is the title track to the album I will be releasing soon.
_______________________________________________
This was outside of the work with the Jimmy Miller Music Company...and along with the Woburn headquarters we, of course, had an office on 1776 Broadway in New York with Alice Cooper, Paul Butterfield Band, all the major management companies were at Bert Padell's place - the Accountant to the Stars https://variety.com/2018/music/news/bert-padell-accountant-notorious-big-dead-1202678342/   RIP Bert.

And, of course, for convenience, our Jimmy Miller Music Office was located across the street from the office of the Rolling Stones at 1775 Broadway... Jimmy living in Medford, Massachusetts.
Will pull out my article for the Medford Transcript on Jimmy and post here at some point.

THANK YOU, UPLIFT SHOW, FOR CHOOSING SECRET THINGS....WE APPRECIATE IT...WE BEING ALL MY  MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES.

NOW EXCUSE ME, TIME TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER HAT.
________________________________________

Other JV Music News

"I Thought You'd Be Mine" is a song I wrote in the 1970s
https://www.reverbnation.com/joeviglione

Interesting how popular we became in France - this was released on a label out of Paris in 1978...

Your's truly was the first artist signed to Flamingo Records, distributed by the much larger Carrere which had disco and heavy metal and this artist as their rock and roller.   Flamingo was founded on my recordings and launched into New Rose/RCA and New Rose / Musidisc (Musidisc being larger than RCA in Europe at the time.)  It opened the floodgates to Boston music in Paris...and all of Europe...I became A & R man for New Rose, signed Willie Loco and Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls, produced by Jimmy Miller.   Jimmy signed three separate contracts with me over the years and the rest, as they say, is history.

I THOUGHT YOU'D BE MINE
...it was my answer to Helen Reddy's "Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady" - I was amazed by the song construction by the legendary Harriet Schock.  So we flew out to Los Angeles in 1991 and met Harriet at a convention.  She is one of my all-time favorite songwriters next to Marty Balin and Bobby Hebb, all Platinum selling artists.   My interview with Harriet this week will be published on another page.  

The interview discusses the release of a new biography film on the life of Harriet, HOLLYWOOD TOWN


The Boston Globe has called this writer "Boston's hardest working impresario"...who am I to disagree with the Boston Globe?

All I do is work!  This blog is only about 1 % of what we do.


Think about that when y'all try to take me on.  Let's play nice and keep the music happening.