Sunday, March 8, 2020

MBTA Employee of the Month - There ARE Good Employees out There

1,564,094 @ 4:14 pm
1,564,110 @ 4:37 pm

Frank from Wonderland Stop working at Davis today.

Great guy helping elder woman, helped me put a public transit APP on my phone separate from Lyft.


_______________________________
Porter Square Stop - No Sign at Top of Escalator saying Trains BLOCKED OFF 1 flight down.
MBTA
10 Park Plaza
Suite 5610
Boston, MA 02116


Hello  xxxx xxxx (MBTA)  and Attorney XXX XXXXX:

At Davis Square today an exemplary MBTA employee, Frank from the Wonderland Revere stop, was most helpful to an elder woman and to myself.  He helped the woman get information on the same Medford bus I needed, and helped me find an APP for public transportation in addition to my Lyft app (which has MBTA info and scheduling.)

A fellow got off a bus and said a happy "Frank from Wonderland."  All it takes is being kind to passengers.
Give that guy a gold star!
________________________________________________________________________
At Porter Square earlier it was strange. I went down one flight only to see the Red Line out of service.
I wasn't the only one.  So I took the escalator back up, but a waste of time when we have a big dinner planned tonight.

People were starting to go down the stairwell, creatures of habit that we are, and I told many of them
"No Red Line."  They thanked me, so I held the door for them.

I saw a woman who looked like an employee.  Asked her "are you with the MBTA?"  She refused to answer.
Asked her again. "What do you want?"   Third time "I kindly asked you if you are with the MBTA"  She said "Yes,"
but she was hardly pleasant.   She said something about my not seeing the sign.

"Ma'am I just held the door for ten people and told them not to go down the stairwell."

She said "Oh.  Is there no attendant outside?"

Told her I had not seen one.  But asked for her badge number, she said she didn't have one, turned around and
took off on me (see first photo).  Before she fled she said why I was asking for a number and I said "Your attitude."

(See her fleeing my interrogation directly to escalator down!)

Her attitude was unhelpful and the fact that I was telling so many passengers about the fact that the first flight down had
the entrance to the train blocked off is evidence that regular passengers NEED the first stairwell blocked. We don't see
signs and are - as stated - creatures of habit.

The escalator down should have been blocked off.  Or a huge sign should have been at the top of the escalator since the pay stations are on that first floor down (and the Amtrak? maybe??)

So why is Frank SO polite and helpful and why was the Porter Square woman so difficult?? - to the point where she wouldn't
answer a simple question "Are you with the MBTA?"

Frank shook my hand, asked my name, was the attendant at Davis helping us all out on a Sunday when there is no Red line.

By the way, I didn't realize in Porter that the regular bus at the stop on Mass Ave. WAS the shuttle.   It looked like a regular bus.

I took it to Davis and then two more buses and then home.   The shuttle was packed but was about 10 yards from where this shuttle sign at Porter (see photo) was.


Attorney Cxxxx will probably say we - the stupid passengers who don't read signs - are the problem.

Meanwhile my blog is doing over 2 thousand hits a day.  1,440 minutes in 24 hours guess it's safe to say I'm as entertaining as I am informative.   

You should hire me to do a T newsletter...your riders will love it...Attorney Julie?  Not so much...

Approximately 4 pm
Pageviews today  2,175
Pageviews yesterday  2,206
Pageviews last month 27,941
Pageviews all time history 1,564,067

4:14 pm
Pageviews today 2,202
Pageviews yesterday  2,206
Pageviews last month 27,968
Pageviews all time history  1,564,094


Respectfully,

Joe Viglione