Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Rathskella Reunion 5th Year - Dear Adam Knight

1,063,825 @ 1:55 am
1,063,813 @ 12:46 am October 1


"He's Into HEAVY FUN...and being master's his game!"  Rondey Rush

from the concert tape:
"Bring it down...bring it down...you know we want to thank the other bands, they were great...B tells me the guy in the previous band mopped my routine...I looked at B and said "NO ONE CAN MOP MY ROUTINE.....(they broke the mold!!!) what the Fxxx are you talking about? But you notice I'm not running around as much tonight because I've got one of the best FXXXKNG bands in New England, I don't know how it happened but they're my friends.  And here they are. Incredible...and we played these songs at the Rathskellar ...Cantones, Cantab, every F...ng club...(hmmm I must have been channeling a mayor's husband...i'm not usually LIKE THAT!!!! with what Mr. Spock from Star Trek called "colorful metaphors")
Sweet Jane by Lou Reed, live last night at the REUNION

Now do the simple math, if Playboy called us one of Boston's FIVE BEST BANDS in 1978...and 39 years later the people at the club are saying this is the best band I've ever performed with...well...clearly one of the best bands in New England... it was a blast...can't wait for REUNION 2018!!!
____________________________________________

Dear Adam Knight,

You weren't at our show at Nantasket Beach tonight.   It will be broadcast (audio only) on http://bostonfreeradio.com this Wednesday October 3, 2017 10 pm - 11 PM  Tune in!

It opens with Lou Reed's "I'm Waiting for My Man" ...about Harlem.  When I went to Lou's wake December 16, 2013 it was at the Apollo Theater in Harlem I got to walk on sacred ground. 

We also performed "Rondey Rush" a true story about a sadist who "greases his fist, he drinks hot water" by our late friend Richard N.  ...now, Adam, if you don't know why he greased his fist and what hot water is, well, you - being born in 1978 when I was in a major rock magazine with The Who and then in Playboy Magazine as one of Boston's Five Best Bands, we can understand, kinda.  Pink socks have never been hip, unless you are watching The Birdcage on Pink Sox night.

"He has a Rex original hanging in his cell."

Pure debauchery and decadence!
___________________________________

You wanted me to teach you how to sing. Adam!   I would have to teach you how to speak first, of course.

Here are some of my quotes from the show:

"I'm going to go into the audience now so someone can take the priest's cape off me and molest me"... *

*here's the funny thing...I was just talking about them molesting me because they had to unclothe me...ha ha...didn't realize it was a PRIEST'S CAPE they were disrobing me with (in front of the audience...priests and molestation going hand-in-hand...Adam, do you have YOUR CORI and the CORI of your friendly neighborhood priest? Hope so if you want to do access under the Medford Media Blackout of Black Dahlia Stephanie Burke!!!)

...My friend Miriam sent me a cloak from a New York Catholic priest in the 1970s... so I wore that tonight instead of my traditional cape...



JV JOKES ON STAGE

"I was going to take my shirt off but I remembered I'm 63, not 23 anymore, so I won't do that to the audience"
-_______________________________ Funny man.  More funny lines for the city council this Tuesday

I have ALL my quasi-Phyllis Diller jokes that I didn't have time to utilize onstage, just made up new bits on the spot!

THE RATHSKELLAR REUNION  Year Five! We are the grandparents of the bands that followed, and it was nice to get the respect from our colleagues...FIVE YEARS, wow...when some of the bandmates played with me FORTY THREE years ago...

Just downloaded the 55 minute show to MP3 and YouTube from Facebook Live. Facebook gets great audio but I also have a camera from a REAL public access station.

Interesting that we can't borrow TV equipment from Medford because  Stephanie "Black Dahlia" Muccini-Burke with her Black Dahlia Media Blackout doesn't want the public paying for public access to actually participate in public access ....the Dahlia Llama!!!!


https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/d7/0a/b3d70a8450287e0e76b281dadddf0475.jpg