Saturday, February 24, 2018

Lisa on Belson. AMMOGATE

I am not at all surprised at this email.
Mr. Belson has continuously, year after year ignored parents and has tried to make things "disappear" and pretend it never happened.
People want transparency.
When my son was bullied last spring- and the video went viral, there were meetings, phone calls, etc.
In fact Brendan Gunnoe from WHDH was on his way down but I told him never mind, I would try to handle it from here.
I now regret that because my son's bullying..along with SO MANY OTHER PARENTS WHO CAME TO ME ABOUT THEIR KIDS BEING BULLIED ALL WENT UNNOTICED AND NOTHING WAS EVER DONE.  FACT.

The last time I ever spoke to Mr. Belson about the video of my son being bullied, his reply was (and I quote) : "It was only a 3 second video".  Then when I mentioned that I had a police report and enough to move forward if he didn't..his reply was:  "well, we know how you like your cop shows and your courtroom drama.  Police reports don't matter; you've seen one, you've seen em all!"I replied:  "Really Mr. Belson?  When are you retiring, Roy?"This is your "nice man".  This is OUR superintendent?  RUKM!?

As far as Jake Edwards goes?  I COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM WHEN MY SON WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HE CONTINUED TO STAY ON IN SPITE OF THIS UNFORGETTABLE INCIDENT:
My son was home schooled with a wonderful teacher.  I was in the middle of looking for a new pvt placement for him.  The thought came since we lived right behind the McGlynn  middle school--why not have him - in the interim go over there..at least he will be with other kids.  My son has autism.  The "Team" agreed to this.  They went over and he got to integrate at lunch.  Then "the team" said, lets try to have him go into one or some of the classes with the kids!  It was fine until some teacher over there "complained" about my son and his teacher being in the class.  Amazing huh!?
The next thing you know  (I'm going back 8 years here and I NEVER forgot this):  I get a call directly from Jake Edwards telling me that my son is "not allowed into the other classrooms". 
I said :  "really? and who are you to make this decision?"
He replied:  "I did.  This is my school and I'm in charge!"
Me:  Um excuuuse me, but this is NOT YOUR school, it belongs to the community and I'm a taxpayer; besides  YOUR vote doesn't count.  YOU are NOT part of "the team".  In fact, I  don't ever remember you being at a "team meeting" for my son.  I'm making a call and we will see about this since he wanted to violate my son's civil rights AND DENY HIM INCLUSION.  It's against the law".

THAT"S Jake Edwards for you and I don't have any problem sharing this because quite frankly, it's too disgusting to even try to make up.

I tried to get on the "committee to elect the new superintendent" but of course I knew that wouldn't happen since I didn't support this current administration.  In Fact, Not only am I qualified, but I would guarantee my life that I would have absolutely brought questions to the candidates that NO ONE ELSE would have thought of.  FACT.

Mr. Belson needs to resign.  THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN AND THIS ADMINISTRATION CONTINUES TO IGNORE THE PEOPLE.
Don't be surprised when the voters go to the polls next time.

Lisa Attenazio


-Lisa

"A Stronger Voice for those who are not heard and cannot speak for themselves"