Friday, December 27, 2019

BLOCKBUSTER: SPR 192470 - AG'S OFFICE ORDERED TO COMPLY WITH REQUEST ON TV3 DOCUMENTS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MEDFORD COMMUNITY CABLEVISION INC
DOCUMENTS !

IT'S TIME FOR AG'S OFFICE TO HAND 'EM OVER!

ORDER FROM SECRETARY OF STATE'S OFFICE

5 BIG PAGES


#1



1:03 pm to the Mayor elect
Breanna Lungo-Koehn
Mayor-elect
85 George P. Hassett Drive
Medford MA 02155

Dear Mayor elect Lungo-Koehn,

See attached determination on TV3 

The Sec of State's office - Public Records Division - as with the L'Italien Report on the Medford Police, has issued in my favor regarding the documents on file at the Public Charities Division on Medford Community Cablevision, Inc.

As you are aware, I am the sole individual who responded to Mayor McGlynn's RFP (Request for Proposals) in regards to operating a television station in Medford.   Under my guidance and years of experience we would have already had a radio station up and coming, which could aid new police chief Jack Buckley with snow emergencies, school emergencies, etc. etc.

Having communication on AM 1670 Medford AND online AND on cable television, a Trimulcast (which I achieved with TV3 staffer Marc Lemay back in 2000 or so when I was running AM 1670 Allston/Brighton and on 740 AM WJIB) is effective in getting emergency broadcasts out to our community.  Chief Buckley NEEDS what Joe Viglione has to offer.  Instead I face harassment rather than encouragement.

Unity. Integrity. Community. Transparency.   Medford, as I, not feeling the love so much.  Nice words and all, Breanna, but are you ready to put them into action?    God knows if Cheryl Rodriguez is "too controversial" I must be off the charts!

But that's what UNITY is all about, and if Mayor Lungo-Koehn discriminates against "controversial" people with skills, then we are back
to square one and McGlynn hijacks our city and wins again.

Mr. Falco and Mr. Marks loved it when I was the only person going "Facebook live" or taping Room 207 and other meetings.  Heck, when I taped the Cemetery Commission and saw Bob Maiocco there I thought I had been commissioned to direct a new Poltergeist film!  

My sense of humor desperately needed in and around the city of Medford. But prior to the Ben Brown debacle when he left equipment in the council chambers to run off to MGM, yours truly was doing the action...not lip service...but action and uploading to YouTube.

And now my FOIA skills are where we were with the L'Italien report.   Joe Viglione is getting the information that Medford citizens deserve.

Mr. McGlynn and Mr. Rumley - obviously - didn't think public safety was a good idea - they fought tooth and nail against a citizen who only wanted to improve Medford and be of service to the community   AND THEY WERE BEING PAID TO BE PUBLIC SERVANTS.   Apathy endemic in Medford, especially when Ben Brown, Pat Gordon, Dawn Natalia, Steve Marra, failure after failure after failure refused to engage in facilitation of programming and outreach, their duties that they were being paid for.  So much for proper job description.

So much for abiding by the contract with Comcast, the contract with Verizon and - in TV3's case - its obligations to the city, Mr. Rumley,
board member!

As you also may be aware (and as touched on above,) I operated two AM radio stations, one in 1992 as Program Director of WNSH Am 1570 (while simultaneously being an advertising rep, producer and consultant to the program director Steve Becker at 93.7 WCGY.  I brought a previous P.D. of CGY (before my time there) to a Rep Paul Donato breakfast at Anthony's, but I digress...)   Outgoing Mayor Stephanie Muccini-Burke, when working for the McGlynn administration - was delighted by my idea and said she could get money from Homeland Security to help out with a terrestrial radio station in Medford (as well as online, cable, etc. etc.)

Alas, good old Mikey must have shot her down on that one.

While city hall has had the inept and bungling 7 station managers (an accurate term I used effectively on Richard Caraviello of the city council) now stuck with Pat Gordon who has no vision, no work ethic that I can see, and no community participation, no outreach, no facilitation of local programming.   His operation of Twitter is a mess, while I'm well-versed in Twitter. Go figure.

It's time for a change.  I have a VISION for MEDFORD COMMUNITY which is about the community, not about me.
________________________________________________________________________________
Rumor has it that Mark E. Rumley is leaving as City Solicitor.  We welcome that good news, if true.

This is my parting gift to the intentionally inefficient city lawyer who stood in the way of access television and free speech (in violation,
I believe, of his oath of office. Shame on you, Mark) - doing the job that access-lazy lawyer stood in the way of doing.

There is a LOT of Medford Community Cablevision, Inc. money missing, allegedly.  A LOT more allegedly than the 38k the Medford Transcript brought to light when Rumley dropped the ball.   Chief Buckley, make me happy, open up an investigation of MCC TV3.

Of course Rumley dropped the ball - he was on the very MCC TV3 board he chose to investigate.  Let him blame McGlynn for "appointing" him to the board or allegedly "appointing" him to investigate, it was a conflict of interest in my mind.

You want a radio station, a television station and a community media center?

There is only ONE choice in a city of 60,000 or so people, Mr. Marks & Mr. Donato.

And you both know it!

Hey Kevin, call me, let's me, you and Paul do lunch over this.  

I can help with detente between your office and the mayor's office.  

Trust me!

Respectfully,

Joe Viglione 





Page 2






Page 3



Page 4



Page 5

____________________________