Saturday, December 21, 2019

Breanna Interviews for New Positions at City Hall...a Parody




Knock Knock Knock

Breanna: "Come in."

Applicant JV:  I hear there's an opening for the job of City Solicitor come January 1.

Breanna;  There is.  How did you know this?

Applicant JV:  I know everything that goes on in this city


Breanna:  Have you passed the bar?

Applicant JV:  Passed the bar?  I've been working in bars my whole life.  In fact, I'm going to the bar tonight before midnight...I'm performing on New Year's Eve too

Breanna: NOT that kind of bar

ApplicantJV:  Why the heck do I have to pass the bar when the last city solicitor never adhered to the oath of office

Breanna: Well, there's a new mayor in town, that being me, and everyone will HAVE to adhere to their oath of office AND have a law license to be city solicitor.

ApplicantJV: Well, that's discrimination.  Do I have to hire David P. Skerry to teach me how to be a lawyer or to sue the city?

Breanna: David's retired!

ApplicantJV: He looked like he was retired all those years I was in court with him.

Breanna; Now be nice.  He is the cousin-by-marriage of a former mayor.   We are going to be nice to everyone from now on.


ApplicantJV:  You mean if I'm the new city solicitor on January 1, I can't antagonize Michael Marks like the old one did?

Breanna: Well, I'm not mayor on January 1.

ApplicantJV: Then why all these Dunkin Donuts meetings?

Breanna: That, my friend, will NOT get you hired as City Solicitor

ApplicantJV: Then give me the TV station and we'll all be happy.



TO BE CONTINUED