Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Part 4 Civility at the City Council

Councilor Penta thanks Iovino for the question about civility at the City Council and notes that it shows passion - and that citizens need to see how other communities are run.  I agree as I have videotaped Winchester Town Hall and KNOW that CITIZENS need to see how other towns and cities work (or don't work) for the residents
 _____________________________________

Caraviello gives closing statement. 

People trust me to make sound decisions.

I'm not afraid to ask why.  I lead by example and doing

OK, Rick, you said you didn't want Frank Call to ask you a question and you caved in on it.

That's probably why Carolyn Rosen calls you CAVAVELLO as in CAVE IN

You don't fight hard enough for us Rick.  Sorry, you're a good guy, go coach a baseball team
with Paul Camuso and Fred Dello Russo.
________________________________________________________________

Michael Marks;
I'd like to thank the challengers; an involved and active process, i think it makes us all the better for it.


Your voice in the City Government
My efforts in addressing issues important to our community.
_______________________________________

Breanna Lungo-Koehn

Continue to work hard, do my homework so that each and every vote is the right vote. Be as responsive as possible.


_________________________________

Paul "the liar" Camuso
Every member of the community gets the representative that they deserve,  This jerk futzes around at Council meetings, when the dishonest councilor shows up at all. 

It is not even worth repeating his rhetoric.
"You call Paul Camuso" and he sides with a mad, crazy individual who threw a false bomb threat
_______________________________________  
Adam Knight 8:35 PM

Thanking everyone like he's at the Academy Awards...puh LEESE

Represent and protect the interests of City Hall

Constituent needs


Better part of the decade I worked at the state house with Charlie Sheehan

Union representative; currently a union steward.

Yikes, he's dropping names... I know how to negotiate  I have a truven prack record of success it sounded like he said...more nervous than Nick Iovino.

Solutions not finger pointing.  Of course, especially with a corrupt Mayor you can't point the finger!

______________________________________
BOB FITZPATRICK

Thank you thank you thank you, I know I'm the invisible man and without Pat Jehlen no one would know who the hell I am...I have knocked on thousands of doors in this city, but not yours. I will listen to you, even though the false bomb threat person endorsed me and I have NOT made a statement denouncing his endorsement. We need to work hand-in-hand with the City Administration...working together we can find common ground.   

My God, four score and 500 years ago, and to the Republic for which it stands...Amen



_______________________________________ 
BOB PENTA
What I consider to be very important issues

Mitigation for business people, Cradock Bridge, two new police cruisers, look and see into a truck enforcement ...another form of revenue into the city of Medford.  A pilot traffic enforcement plan on Medford Square.  I was the first Medford elected official to expose the Medford Housing Authority director, mistrust.  Also, one of the things I'm proud about, former councilor Burke, WW2 memorial, we ensured every WW2 veteran was on that plaque.  Feels good you serve with the council ...entire community can be involved with.

I thank Bob Maiocco for 30 years, the recognition of having a nice retirement

____________________________________
NEIL OSBORNE
8:42

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak.
A true joy for me meeting different folks around the community, one of the proudest moments of the process was signing up new voters in Medford. I want to be the candidate that adds to the dialogue amongst City Councilors, dialogue at the Mayor's office, bring new residents into the fold to make Medford the right place to work and play.

On November 5 I hope you vote and make the choice for the 7 candidates.   Hopefully you'll choose me as your City Councilor
_______________________________________
Fred Dello Russo

8:44 PM
Thank you for the opportunity to speak tonight.
How do you continue to do the council, why do you still do it?  Truth be told I ask myself the same question (WE DO TOO!)

A commitment to community...blah blah blah...he is saying absolutely NOTHING about the community, wait till my PATCH article on this dog and pony show where Dello Russo says NOTHING, a lot of hot air, worse than Camuso

Growth, prosperity and stability and I'm happy to be part of that.  What a jerk.  What a stuffed shirt. What a joke.

____________________________________________________________________________
Robert Cappucci
As a former soldier, if I am privileged...
commit to traffic enforcement, repair potholes, 85% of our streets and roads, modernize, bike paths

wow, Dello Russo and Camuso could learn something from Cappucci.  

Refurbish the Brooks Estates, generate more revenue in our city.  Medford needs to have a Small Business Meritorious Achievement Award, the history of family ownership...review of our City Charter, open up more doors for ...


power that can be shared not held by an elite few

 ______________________________
MARK CROWLEY

8:49 PM  We need some new blood in city hall, to bring some new ideas and fresh thinking to the table.  Election day, set the alarm a few minutes early (c'mon, Mark, Cappucci gave more ideas quickly and efficiently, though you were somewhat on track, then lost your voice and perspective)

GO SOX
_______________________________________
JIM MORSE  8:50 PM
15 seconds to be fair to Mr. Morse
Morse has the most clear voice.  "Why am I running for the council?  Government is a reactive system, the funding gets cut and we try to fix it. The way we do it is come up with new ideas. I suggested we provide ambulance service when I was candidate for Mayor

The first piece in would be a Medford city ambulance. It can generate a substantial profit.

3 personnel per piece, 40 years ago it was six people at the Fire House.  Add 2 more bodies to every house fire and every emergency.

Cradock Bridge: Nothing is happening. It is going to be our BIG DIG, let's be proactive, let's start a committee today...fund raising, money, pressure our state legislators to do things. Proactive, not reactive.
_____________________________________
JEANNE MARTIN 8:55 pm

Thank you for having me tonight, the opportunity to speak.  Back to that Mall, the Country Buffet people will be displaced.  Apartments on top of Pizza Regina, Haines Sq. I would like to see the fronts fixed, revenue made off of parking tickets, citations for inappropriate stuff in windows of businesses.  Haines' Sq is awesome, underrated because you can sit at the pizza joint, Ronny's, and see a perspective.  The tree people are going to hate me, I want to take down the tree issue. I have a priority list.   More police officers, 130, if you want minority, veteran and police officers.  If you don't want the garage vote for me.

Jeanne was OK, but the stuff about the trees was absolutely stupid.  How about Public Safety First

______________________________




Adam Knight did a GREAT JOB responding to the former FIASCO that was TV3

However, if Knight is in McGlynn's back pocket, well, we now have a video to hold Knight's feet to the fire.