Monday, December 9, 2019

New Year's Eve - One of the Greatest Artists in the History of Boston Rock 'n' Roll

1,480,839 @ 6:51 pm

Riding Around Nowhere

take that Ozzy Osborne!!!!!

God I was so cute back in the day!   My late boyfriend Donald saw young pictures of me on Facebook and said "Woof." (Donald was beyond handsome...an Aerosmith groupie saw him and was like "he's so fxxxx hot" - he was! God rest his soul. We went to see Pia Zadora and a certain person from the Chevalier Theater 30 years ago did a double-take; so good looking he made straight guys turn and look!  Miss you, Don!) 

That's my pal Richard, he's passed away too.  Not only was Richard the undertaker for Archbishop Cardinal Cushing, he was also the undertaker for Fudge, the guitarist on this song "Riding Around Nowhere." Fudge was the greatest guy - he played with Stephen Stills of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, as well with a member of the band Boston.  And we won't go into his horrible passing other than to say DO NOT get into a vehicle of the ex-boyfriend of your pregnant girlfriend.   He passed away with our album in his pocket, he had been on radio WBRS the day before his death and played our music.

So many of the people that played such a big part in my life vanished into the ether.  Richard's band and mine had interchangeable players.  About 3 years ago we performed Richard's "Rondey Rush" and the merger of my bandmates and Richard's made it THE most powerful band in New England.   That was fun!

Richard did run off with one of my girlfriends.  Which is interesting because he and I, though platonic friends, were not into women.   That evening his boyfriend's band was playing my club, Cantones, and my girlfriend vanished. (Look, I didn't pick up women, they picked me up...and it wasn't a good move for either party, but that's a story for another day. Also, my fiance', Jo Jo, was head over heels for Richard's boyfriend about a decade after they broke up...go figure!  All one big rock and roll family.  She's gone too.)   Oedipus from WBCN started listing all the gay men my girlfriend at the time was with and I said "And he's missing the biggest queen of all...himself!!" HAH!~

So at Cantones a girl was stabbed and I'm frantically looking for my girlfriend (I mean I did like her, as a friend) and she's nowhere to be found. We're not talking ten minutes, she was missing a good thirty minutes and all I know is that some chick got stabbed in the club, no name, no information, just that. A chick got stabbed and the woman who tried to trick me into marriage was missing for half an hour or so.  Finally she walks through the door.  She was having sex with Richard in his car...not that I cared about THAT, I didn't...I was thankful she wasn't the victim.  And she comes strolling in like nothing happened and says "Richard's amazing. You get in his car and he pulls the sun visor and the vaseline pops out!"

OK...moving right along...guess I should write my book!


   HEAVY METAL  / FOLK / POP / ROCK
     "one of Boston's 5 best Bands" - Playboy Mag

I've revised this song from the 1980's - I actually made a 90 minute movie with this song as the sole soundtrack...from the Amtrak train going to New York in the autumn...real Andy Warhol kinda stuff
https://soundcloud.com/joe-viglione/riding-master-3-12-15?fbclid=IwAR392tPYvpARNWD2fGxZz8qBnS9eLVU3rI_zeDozmPR_yMpE9gLE3GOnULw


Riding Round Nowhere
 
Here I am again
Wandering Back from the Who Knows When
the Red Light I find disturbing
my heart wants to fly through the galaxy
the blue light comes in phases
we indulge in all those strangers
riding round nowhere
here there I disappear
riding round nowhere
without a
out a care
Can you feel the flash inside
all those emotions you try to hide
red light fades to blue
just memories when I'm not with you
Riding round nowhere

can you feel it once again'
comes on back like a long lost friend
the mirror I am reflecting you
(C)2019 Joe Viglione
Var Music Publishing, ASCAP



6:51 pm
Pageviews today
881
Pageviews yesterday
1,904
Pageviews last month
38,251
Pageviews all time history
1,480,839